What's new

Ringtones for iphone 4

1. download a free audio editor (ex. Audacity)
2. open up the audio file in the editor (you may need to convert depending on the extension of your file)
3. cut out the parts you don't want (try to keep it < 30 sec)
4. save it
5. convert the file to .m4a if you're working with other extensions
6. rename the extension to .m4r
7. add it to itunes library
8. have a beer

Last edited:
ok so ive figured it out....there is one step that has been missing the whole time....
for all who have a problem watch this...i knew it was something so simple and here it is..
iRinger :: Intro Video
its the 6:03 mark...you dont click ringtones in the device folder you click on your name in device folder and just watch from 6:03 on...i knew it had to b something so simple and here it is...omg im so happy its taken me 4 days to get to this point...but finally i dont have to listen to these crappy tones that are in the phone...thanx to all that has helped me...dannyboy your right on just was missing this one step but since im such a noob im sure everyone know this step already..but for who that dont know i hope this helps...

whats a good ringtone maker for mac? i was just gonna use itunes convert to aac and then rename to m4r from m4a

ok so ive figured it out....there is one step that has been missing the whole time....
for all who have a problem watch this...i knew it was something so simple and here it is..
its the 6:03 mark...you dont click ringtones in the device folder you click on your name in device folder and just watch from 6:03 on...i knew it had to b something so simple and here it is...omg im so happy its taken me 4 days to get to this point...but finally i dont have to listen to these crappy tones that are in the phone...thanx to all that has helped me...dannyboy your right on just was missing this one step but since im such a noob im sure everyone know this step already..but for who that dont know i hope this helps...

Try i Ringer its free and easy. It converts the file to the apple format makes it 30 seconds long, places it in your iTunes ringtone library and saves it to a file on your computer. Nothing to learn just make the ringtone
Also, there was some discussion about video conversion I still think Handbrake is the best easy to use and FREE Just set the setting to Apple TV works great for HD on the iPhone or iPad You can convert your video or DVD's (non-protected)

I have a ringtone; it is in the correct file format. How to I get my iPhone 4 to find it? It does not show up in my list of choices for ringtones.

I have a ringtone; it is in the correct file format. How to I get my iPhone 4 to find it? It does not show up in my list of choices for ringtones.

You havetoo drop it into the ringtones folder in iTunes.

I have Iphone 4 i Drop it into the ringtones folder in iTunes but while changing the ringtone in the custom section it only shows the first ringtone??? any idea on what's going on???

h22p://audiko.net (2=t) Free Ringtones for mobile and iPhone - Audiko[/url]
this really cool site we can make our own ringtone using mp3 what we have.

just upload >> customize & save in you're system Sync with itune

Thanks!:appstore:

Hi Guys,

I have lost all my ringtones that I made with itunes on my iphone 4. All the songs are still on itunes, how do I get them back on my iphone since it took me such a long time to convert all the songs into acc.

Please do help me.

Just found this site and my first post. I've followed all the advice that I've found here, plus other places, but can't get the ringtones to load to the ip4 properly. I go step by step, and the created ringtone shows up on the itunes Ringtones page; the ip4 syncs, but the ringtones go to the ipod. What am I missing?

Yes, the ext is correct. I've followed the directions exactly.