What's new

Restore without updating

davegurn said:
Beat me to it zig hahaha we've been competing today :)

But then if absinthe doesn't work then yeah i think your screwed.

Haha. Didn't even realize. If. Think I can provide a decent answer I do so.lol.

Beat me to it zig hahaha we've been competing today :)

But then if absinthe doesn't work then yeah i think your screwed.

Unfortunately, absinthe is the first thing I did. It said my "device is already jailbroken. Stash is found."

I'm screwed.....Thanks for all your help.

sondo8 said:
Unfortunately, absinthe is the first thing I did. It said my "device is already jailbroken. Stash is found."

I'm screwed.....Thanks for all your help.

Can you find Cydia via SSH /Applications/Cydia?

i-FunBox

Search i-FunBox in google.
$i-fun.jpg

What do I do now?

Uuuggghh...do u know what you deleted, and can you launch Cydia with Activator or the spotlight search page on your springboard?

I do remember I deleted mobile substrate if that helps.

sondo8 said:
I do remember I deleted mobile substrate if that helps.

Open i-FunBox while phone is plugged in and click on "Raw File System".

Then click on "Applications" at the top.

If Cydia is technically installed, it will be located in that folder. If it is, then restoring Cydia app should be very simple.

Open i-FunBox while phone is plugged in and click on "Raw File System".

Then click on "Applications" at the top.

If Cydia is technically installed, it will be located in that folder. If it is, then restoring Cydia app should be very simple.

The Cydia app is not in the "raw file system/applications" folder. Doesn't look good.....

The Cydia app is not in the "raw file system/applications" folder. Doesn't look good.....

Okay try this path:

Var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Can you get to "Cydia" and "AutoInstall" by following that path?

Okay try this path:

Var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall

Can you get to "Cydia" and "AutoInstall" by following that path?

No "autoinstall". There's just itunes control but no "cydia".

No "autoinstall". There's just itunes control but no "cydia".

Okay. So your pretty much saying that the previous owner jailbroke it but completely removed Cydiabto simply hide that fact it was jailbroken.

This means that Cydia I completely roves from your device.

I would say you have one more shot of installing Cydia.

That would be to try to rejailbreak via the command line tool instead of Absinthe.

Search in google "how to jailbreak 4S with CLI tool".
Try using that instead of the Absinthe tool.

Last edited:
Okay. So your pretty much saying that the previous owner jailbroke it but completely removed Cydiabto simply hide that fact it was jailbroken.

This means that Cydia I completely roves from your device.

I would say you have one more shot of installing Cydia.

That would be to try to rejailbreak via the command line tool instead of Absinthe.

Search in google "how to jailbreak 4S with CLI tool".
Try using that instead of the Absinthe tool.

I followed all the steps in the how to guide for the CLI tool. After the very last step, its supposed to reboot by itself. It never rebooted and the command prompt screen kept showing error messages over and over. (maybe it needs more time cuz I have lots of content on my iphone) I'll try again tonight and let it run when I go to sleep.

FYI: It's originally my iphone 4s that I jailbroke with about 20-30 tweaks. It had a bug and I couldn't restore due to 5.1. So I mistakenly started deleting files in my manage cydia. One of the deletions totally erased my cydia icon and some cydia apps. (PDA Net is the only one that survived and is still in my springboard). When I use absinthe, it says my phone is already jailbreaked, stash found. My phone is still jailbreaked but I have no way of controlling it due to cydia being deleted in cydia, manage.

My iphone is kinda jailbreaked, but not really. haha.