What's new

Restore without updating

Yes. You "cannot" restore without updating to 5.1. It just can't be done on an A5 device at this time. Sorry.
If your having bugs, I recommend you remove Mobile Substrate from Cydia> Manage> Packages.

Doing this will remove all mobile substrate addons (basically all of your tweaks). Once removed, reboot twice. Use the phone for a day. Then slowly, one at a time reinstall all of your tweaks. that should help iron out whatever glitches you had.

I wish i knew that before I started deleting a bunch of stuff. I deleted something important, now my cydia icon is gone. How do I get it back?

I wish i knew that before I started deleting a bunch of stuff. I deleted something important, now my cydia icon is gone. How do I get it back?

Uuuggghh...do u know what you deleted, and can you launch Cydia with Activator or the spotlight search page on your springboard?

Uuuggghh...do u know what you deleted, and can you launch Cydia with Activator or the spotlight search page on your springboard?

There is no activator, no spotlight cydia, the only thing I have from last jailbreak is PDAnet. I deleted mobile substrate and 3 others. I kinda remember deleting some word like "devian" or something like that. I know it was in the middle of the list of packages.

Please help, it's only been a half day and I already miss my jailbreak iphone. Thanks.

Sorry to hear that sondo,

the thread OP mentioned he had an iphone 4 which i knew it would work with. ive added a warning to my tutorial.

There is no activator, no spotlight cydia, the only thing I have from last jailbreak is PDAnet. I deleted mobile substrate and 3 others. I kinda remember deleting some word like "devian" or something like that. I know it was in the middle of the list of packages.

Please help, it's only been a half day and I already miss my jailbreak iphone. Thanks.

I'm afraid that you've messed up your jailbreak beyond repair. If you don't show Cydia in Spotlight, there is no way to get back to it and reinstall everything you removed.

By the way (for future reference) - when it comes to jail breaking, installing and uninstalling, the best way to remove something from the phone after installing it from Cydia is to go back to Cydia and uninstall it there. You really never want to delete something off the phone yourself. Too many dependencies and intertwining of tweaks and such.

Your only way out now, given you can't get to Cydia, is to restore to iOS5.1 and join the ranks of those waiting on the jail breaking community to find a jail break for that iOS. Sorry.

Marilyn

sondo8 said:

Just double check Cydia is not installed. Make sure Applications is checked in Settings> General> Spotlight Page> Check Applications. Then check the spotlight page for Cydia.

All you have to do is run redsn0w, install Cydia. Done. Easy as clicking a button or 2. No biggie.

Just double check Cydia is not installed. Make sure Applications is checked in Settings> General> Spotlight Page> Check Applications. Then check the spotlight page for Cydia.

All you have to do is run redsn0w, install Cydia. Done. Easy as clicking a button or 2. No biggie.

I tried redsnow. It asked me to put it in some kind of mode. I held the top power button, then home, then let go of power button. It said it didn't detect a device. "sorry auto detection is isn't supported on the iphone 4s" help~!!

Last edited:
just keep trying till you get the timing right you'll get it. it says that because you didn't get the timing right thats all

sondo8 said:
I tried redsnow. It asked me to put it in some kind of mode. I held the top power button, then home, then let go of power button. It said it didn't detect a device. "sorry auto detection is isn't supported on the iphone 4s" help~!!

It will not work. The iPhone 4S needs a Bootrom exploit for redsn0w to do that. Don't bother trying. It will never work.

Plus. You didn't properly enter DFU mode anyway if you let go of the sleep button right away. You have to hold both home and sleep for 10 seconds then let to of the sleep button only (whole still holding the home button for an additional 15 seconds).

oh crap, sorry bad advice.

i lost track of who was who and thought he was using the iphone 4!

my bad :0

davegurn said:
oh crap, sorry bad advice.

i lost track of who was who and thought he was using the iphone 4!

my bad :0

Yeah I give wrong advice sometimes cuz of that too....no biggie..... we understand.lol.

lol on that note i think its time to sign off. my eyes are goin googley and ive been staring at this forum all day.

bye all

So am I screwed? I just have to wait.

In summary: I'm trying to get the cydia app back or just restore and jailbreak again. My iphone 4s is already jailbreaked but I accidently deleted something (I can't remember) in my manage list and all jailbreaking tweaks are gone, including the cydia app. I was trying to rid of a bug because I can't restore due to 5.1. What are my options?

sondo8 said:
So am I screwed? I just have to wait.

In summary: I'm trying to get the cydia app back or just restore and jailbreak again. My iphone 4s is already jailbreaked but I accidently deleted something (I can't remember) in my manage list and all jailbreaking tweaks are gone, including the cydia app. I was trying to rid of a bug because I can't restore due to 5.1. What are my options?

To run Absinthe again, and install Cydia with the Absinthe app. Have you even tried that?

To run Absinthe again, and install Cydia with the Absinthe app. Have you even tried that?

Beat me to it zig hahaha we've been competing today :)

But then if absinthe doesn't work then yeah i think your screwed.