What's new

restore to 5.01

rangersmith

Reaction score
Hi All, last week I purchased an unlocked iphone 4 running 5.01 and successfully jailbroke it but am having a few problems and want to restore to 5.01 and start agian but keep getting error 3194 when I try to restore manually.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

Ranger

Did you perform a back up before jb in iTunes !

If so when your restoring make sure your using a restore point before you jail broke.

Did not make a back up. I am trying to restore from ipsw file on my desk top.

Did not make a back up. I am trying to restore from ipsw file on my desk top.
You can't restore it back to iOS 5.0.1 anymore since it seems that you do not have any shsh saved. Only way to go now is iOS 5.1

OK thanks for that, do you know why winterboard does not work.

Winterboard working fine over here. What's wrong with your winterboard?

All he had to do was download iFaith and dump SHSH blobs. That's what it does....it dumps te SHSH blobs for the iOS the device "currently" running whether it's being signed or not.

He can very well restore back to 5.0.1 as long as he dumps blobs with iFaith and builds an IPSW. seems everyone forgets about iFaith.lol.

JUST BECAUSE THE FIRMWARE YOUR ON IS NOT BEING DOESN'T MEAN YOU CANNOT RESTORE TO THAT FIRMWARE WITH NO CURRENT SHSH. ALL ONE HAS TO DO IS DUMP BLOBS WITH IFAITH!!

How do people forget about this amazing tool!!!!

I just don't understand it. I really don't.

Last edited:
So what you mean here that with that iFaith, one can restore back to iOS 5.0.1 even without previously saved blobs keys?
Say I used to be on iOS 5.0.1 jailbreaked but never saved any shsh or what so ever, then I upgrade to ios 5.1 or my iPhone stuck and only way out is to factory restore it, you mean here that using iFaith I can successfully cook an iOS 5.0.1 IPSW and restore it back to the iPhone???

No, iFaith can only dump the blobs of the firmware you are currently on. So, if you are on iOS 5.1, it won't get the blobs for 5.0.1. So, the key is/was to use iFaith before moving up. Sorry.

Marilyn

No, iFaith can only dump the blobs of the firmware you are currently on. So, if you are on iOS 5.1, it won't get the blobs for 5.0.1. So, the key is/was to use iFaith before moving up. Sorry.

Marilyn

Ok then.

Mickey330 said:

Marilyn

No. It only works the iOS you are "currently" running. Whatever iOS you are on, iFaith an extract those blobs even if the iOS is not being signed. Tho there is no support for 5.1 yet.,,but I'm sure there will be before another iOS comes out.

Mickey330 said:
But isn't that what I just said...?

Marilyn

Yup. My phone been messed up ever since I installed AwesomeMusicControls. It would respring into safe mode every time I tried to write what you said, but it was before I seen it there...I literally started opening the app, n just trying to to type it as fast as I could before I went into safe mode....when it finally worked, I noticed I posted to the same exact thing I wrote out. Woops. Don't know how to delete post on my iPhone tho.lol