What's new

i keep getting error 11 when trying to reinstall ios on my iphone 4

If that's the case. Try the TinyUmbrella method with using TSS and downgrading. Using RedSn0w shouldn't need the TSS method.

I can use RedSn0w to downgrade with an iPhone 4? I thought that method was only supported on the iPhone 4s?

Also what is the TinyUmbrella method?

No. The restore function for the 4S is the re-restore function. For pre-A5 devices, it works just like the restore function on iTunes but allows you to retrieve and stitch your blobs. The TinyUmbrella method is starting up TSS Server before trying any restoration method. So just open TinyUmbrella, start TSS and do your thing.

No if you iPhone 4 is running a iOS higher then 5.1.1 or running 5.1.1 you can restore using it. I just used it on my iPhone 4 all I need we're my Ipsw and my blobs for 5.1.1 and it restored to it you can only downgrade you iPhone to 5.1.1 on redsn0w

No if you iPhone 4 is running a iOS higher then 5.1.1 or running 5.1.1 you can restore using it. I just used it on my iPhone 4 all I need we're my Ipsw and my blobs for 5.1.1 and it restored to it you can only downgrade you iPhone to 5.1.1 on redsn0w

What is the exact procedure downgrading to 5.1.1 with iPhone 4 using Redsn0w? I have tried the "Restore" feature, but it keeps erroring.

What is the exact procedure downgrading to 5.1.1 with iPhone 4 using Redsn0w? I have tried the "Restore" feature, but it keeps erroring.

Are you using your blobs? You need your blobs at all times when downgrading or restoring to a version of iOS that's not being signed.

And you have to be on 6.0 or 6.0.1 to downgrade to 5.1.1 and if that don't work and your on 6.0 or 6.0.1 you can downgrade to 5.0.1

Are you using your blobs? You need your blobs at all times when downgrading or restoring to a version of iOS that's not being signed.

Yes and I fixed the issue. Believe it or not, there was an issue with the cable I was using. I went and bought a new one yesterday and did the restore last night without issue.

I should have clued in faster because there were times I would get an error on the phone itself stating that "Charging is not supported by this accessory". With the new cable everything went smooth as silk and I am back on 5.1.1 and fully jailbroken using redsn0w. (I didn't use iTunes for the restore).

Thanks for all your help and sorry that the problem was something beyond software issues. :( You were a great help.