What's new

replaced screen now its black

dmatheus94

Reaction score
i cracked my screen really bad last week so i ordered a new screen to put in. i took it all apart following instuctions on youtube and put it all back together the same way it was...i thought. when i got all done i turned it on and my screen was black with a faint white/grey line down the middle and a dark black "hole with a red border around it in the top right corner. everything else works text tones, ringtone, vibrate. i took it all apart again and made sure my connections were good but to no avail. does anyone know what i did wrong and what i have to do to fix it? i want my phone back!

is i something i did putting it on like hurt the cable? i didnt put it in right and didnt notice till it was screwed down so im wondering if i pinched it... also the black tape on the motherboard came off when i took my back off. any ideas?

Hard to say but maybe damaged the ribbon connector. They are very fragile and need to be put in correctly and pulled all the way through otherwise when you close the phone up it will pinch. Did you inspect it when you took it apart again?

Was the phone still functional with cracked screen? If so put it back on just to test

Last edited: