What's new

Replace Mic With Speaker

shocky13

Reaction score
I have been wondering lately... Is it possible to take the mic out of the bottom of the phone and replace it with another speaker. I already have the parts required, but before I go and try I figured I would ask you all these questions: 1) will it overheat my battery 2) will it screw up the software. I am willing to part with the mic... I never use it anyway.

Last edited:
don't you make phone calls with the phone?

Thats what i was thinking without the mic the phone is useless! Plus i dont think its possible to replace the mic with a speaker cuz the speaker and mic are in a module inside the phone and i doubt you could take that apart you could take out the module but the module it self i dont think so.

I know I need it for calls. I don't make calls on my phone very often. I know the mic is in the little piece under the battery, and I have a spare one. I know how to take them apart, it's just a matter of the two questions originally listed.

Sent From My Red iPhone- Built It Myself

I know I need it for calls. I don't make calls on my phone very often. I know the mic is in the little piece under the battery, and I have a spare one. I know how to take them apart, it's just a matter of the two questions originally listed.

It will not work. If hardware wise it's doable, software wise will not respond. Just like in a computer I assume you need to inform the CPU that you have added a new hardware by installing drivers which will allow the CPU to take your new hardware into consideration. If you are just wirering your new speaker to the one already present in the iPhone, you will device into 2 what the system usually allow the original speaker to receive, there likely going to be some error is the software preventing both speakers to work.
Experience is the master, I've never experienced this but speaking just in comparison with a computer.
It's your call to do the experience and find out the result.
3 things: either it will work out, either it will not work out but you can reverts and load back the mic, either you completely damage your iPhone. Good luck.

Ok, thanks.

this would mess up ur phone i think
rivm92zq0a.gif