What's new
Apple iPhone Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mic and Speaker switcharoo.

lchupacabras

Reaction score
Hey guys, first time poster but what does that matter let's get to the point of the thread:

So, I noticed that on the iPhone 4 the speaker and mic on the bottom are switched from the placement of the other iPhones; I found this out while trying to use Ocarina, which of course didn't work because I was blowing at the speaker like a crazy person.

How do you feel about the switch? Had you even noticed it? I personally am a little annoyed by it, I was very used to holding my phone in certain ways as to get better sound out of the speaker so now I end up just covering it up by accident. Either way, I'll have to get used to it for now but let me know your thoughts.

-"L"Chupacabras

DannyBoy

Reaction score
I kinda like the change. When holding it in the palm of my right hand with my pinki finger under the bottom I found I covered the speaker.... I wonder what the real reason apple switched it for.

iTazm0n

Reaction score
The bottom mic placement hasn't made a noticable difference to me, but I wonder if it has anything to do with the dual mics now on the phone. The iP4 now has a cancellation mic like the Nexus one and it's next to the ear plug.