What's new

iPhone 4 Replacement Help!

ashbear20

Reaction score
Okay, so I dropped my iPhone (ugh) but the problem is my sound is no longer working and neither is my mic. The sound does not work through headphones either. I have tried a master restore and that did not fix the problem so it has nothing to do with the software being messed up. So, my question is: What replacement parts do I need? I know I am going to need the speaker/headset replacement but is there anything else? Is this problem fixable at all? I am going to order the parts online once I know what they are I just need some help on what I actually need! Please, any help at all is greatly appreciated!

If its not cracked I'd try to get Apple to replace it

I would but my warranty with them ended last month. Great luck, huh :) So it would be about 200 for them to fix it. :( So, I'm trying to save some money and fix it myself. It's already messed up, what do I have to lose.

ashbear20 said:
I would but my warranty with them ended last month. Great luck, huh :) So it would be about 200 for them to fix it. :( So, I'm trying to save some money and fix it myself. It's already messed up, what do I have to lose.

Is it insured? Either with your service provider or your home insurance?

No, it's not. :( It was in an OtterBox too when it was dropped.

The cables are probably broke. Just buy the mic and audio jack with the connectors. I recommend you find a place that fixes iPhones. Most places charge 25-40 bucks.

Better yet, look up an iPhone repair service, call them, and ask them what you should buy.

If you feel comfortable taking your phone apart, then go ahead.,,just warning you....it's complex, and you might have to end paying the $200 for a new phone if you don't take extra precaution and take your sweet sweet time.