What's new

Removing Photos from Camera roll on iPhone 5s

Signman

Reaction score
Ok...this shouldn't be hard to do.. I want to delete all the photos in camera roll at one time. I don't want to have to select each photo and hit delete. I would like to select "all" photos then hit delete to mass delete them all. Now this seems to be impossible. I've searched here and on the internet and nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the "uncheck sync photos" option in iTunes...don't work. I've tried the connecting to computer as a "hard drive/camera"..navigating to the DCMI folder, highlighting all photos and deleting...don't work. I'm on a WIndows PC by the way..I've tried the settings, general, usage, Photos & Camera, and swipe from left to right to produce a delete button....don't work. So besides downloading a $30 third party program to do this...is there a way to do it? Apple needs to fix this to be user friendly.

Ok...this shouldn't be hard to do.. I want to delete all the photos in camera roll at one time. I don't want to have to select each photo and hit delete. I would like to select "all" photos then hit delete to mass delete them all. Now this seems to be impossible. I've searched here and on the internet and nothing I've tried will work. I've tried the "uncheck sync photos" option in iTunes...don't work. I've tried the connecting to computer as a "hard drive/camera"..navigating to the DCMI folder, highlighting all photos and deleting...don't work. I'm on a WIndows PC by the way..I've tried the settings, general, usage, Photos & Camera, and swipe from left to right to produce a delete button....don't work. So besides downloading a $30 third party program to do this...is there a way to do it? Apple needs to fix this to be user friendly.
I don't think there is a 'delete all' feature. You need to select all the pictures one by one after tapping 'edit' and then tap the 'delete' button when you finish selecting all.

I don't think there is a 'delete all' feature. You need to select all the pictures one by one after tapping 'edit' and then tap the 'delete' button when you finish selecting all.

This. An alternative method to erase all photos without selecting them one at a time is to sync a blank folder on your computer to your device. Since there's nothing in the folder, the photo library will reflect the folder you synced over, which is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

Settings> General> Usage> Photos> swipe to delete all content.

Yo may have to tap "show all apps".

That didn't work. Unless I did something wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Just tried it now. Worked just fine for me. You have to tap on the Photos & Canera tab then swipe right/left to show the delete button on "Camera Role" "Photo Library" or "Photo Stream".

Just tried it now. Worked just fine for me. You have to tap on the Photos & Canera tab then swipe right/left to show the delete button on "Camera Role" "Photo Library" or "Photo Stream".
That does not work on the new 5s. Wish it did.

That does not work on the new 5s. Wish it did.

I'm sorry about that. That's a real bummer. Other than what other posters have suggested, I really don't know any other way to achieve this. I have never used iTunes to manage photos. I have always used the Dropbox app from the AppStore because managing photos with iTunes always seemed like such a hassle.

When I restore my phone or sync it(which I never do) no photos ever get synced, and should I want to have any of my photos in my Photos.app, I just open the Dropbox app and save them to the Camera roll from there, and if I have photos in my Camera roll that I want to keep, I just upload them to Dropbox so I always have those photos backed up and can access them anytime through the Dropbox app.