What's new

Camera Roll Question

AFMasterSergeant

Reaction score
I created a few albums and transferred photos from my camera roll, and after transferring, the photos still remain in the camera roll and the new album...is there a way to get rid of the photos in the camera roll without deleting the photos in the albums? I've tried to delete the camera roll photos and they delete the photo in the album. Help please!

Nope the photos in the albums are just shortcuts to the camera roll

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I created a few albums and transferred photos from my camera roll, and after transferring, the photos still remain in the camera roll and the new album...is there a way to get rid of the photos in the camera roll without deleting the photos in the albums? I've tried to delete the camera roll photos and they delete the photo in the album. Help please!

When you put photos in a new folder they are not copied or transferred from the camera roll. Rather a shortcut to them is created thereby saving space and allowing instant access to your new category.
Much like contacts and groups where you have one list of contacts but you are able to see those that you have put into separate groups, separately.
So if you delete the master copy in camera roll (all contacts) then it is deleted everywhere (Folders or groups)
This saves space by only keeping one copy of the photo (or contact)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

That is a great question. I wish there was around that.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I wish I could move pics OUT of the camera roll... some pics I take arent "right" for my kids to see... yet sometimes they get to play with my phone..

I wish I could move pics OUT of the camera roll... some pics I take arent "right" for my kids to see... yet sometimes they get to play with my phone..

Get a privacy app like Virtual Safe to store your "adult" pictures outside your camera roll.

Actually I don't have any "Adult" pics... sadly the ones my kid found were the ones I took of presents I got so my wife didn't get the same ones... part of Christmas was a bust and I didn't know why until my son told me that when he was playing with my phone he found the pics of all of the toys I had bought. Then he asked me about this one Lego Ninjago toy that I had forgotten was in my trunk.