What's new

Removing Jailbreak

dieselpowered

Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for everyone.

So I jailbroke my new Verizon iPhonewith the newest version of GreenPois0n then decided to see if it could be removed easily. Went into settings and attempted to erase all the data...the phone would just reboot and continue to get stuck on the apple logo (which would then change to the GreenPois0n logo)

Attempting to restore via iTunes does not work either. Receive an error while it attempts to download the iPhone software.

Last edited:
Just throwing this out there for everyone.

So I jailbroke my new Verizon iPhonewith the newest version of GreenPois0n then decided to see if it could be removed easily. Went into settings and attempted to erase all the data...the phone would just reboot and continue to get stuck on the apple logo (which would then change to the GreenPois0n logo)

Attempting to restore via iTunes does not work either. Receive an error while it attempts to download the iPhone software.

You can download the IPSW from a third party, then Shift+Click on restore in iTunes, browse to the IPSW and go from there. That should work.

Hi, i was wondering if this actually worked. I've got my phone jailbroken using the pwnagetool for mac ...

My home system crashed and i lost my hard drive. Its in the shop right now being replaced. So i figure i lost my backup, it would be best to restore back to stock IPSW file from Apple/verizon, and then rejailbreak since i now dont have a back up. I've backed up my cydia apps and such, but have nothing on a system until it comes out at the end of week.

Is there a link from apple to grab the verizon IPSW file ?

Yes but that doesn't allow you to create a custom ipsw using pawnage tool...

Hey all, this is my first post and I think I messed up. I am desperate for help.
I too used greenpoison to jailbreak my verizon iphone. I decided to try and remove it and now my phone will not boot. As stated in a post above, it just gets stuck on the apple/skull. Itunes will not see the phone at all when plugged in. How can I use the IPSW file if itunes will not see the phone? Is the anything else I can do? Please help

Well, after some major Googling, I fixed it. I must admit I was in panic mode. I put the phone into recovery mode by holding down the home button and plugging in the sync cable at the same time, and then itunes saw the phone and downloaded the updated version and installed it. All is good.

Last edited:
Hey all, this is my first post and I think I messed up. I am desperate for help.
Well, after some major Googling, I fixed it. I must admit I was in panic mode. I put the phone into recovery mode by holding down the home button and plugging in the sync cable at the same time, and then itunes saw the phone and downloaded the updated version and installed it. All is good.

was just gonna explain recovery mode. I updated to the latest version today too. Can't see the need for jail breaking just yet. Didn't use any of the functionality.