What's new

jailbreaking 6.1 issues, help please.

Ashley91

Reaction score
let me just start this out by saying i'm not a technology expert but i've pretty much been jailbreaking since i got an iphone about 3 years ago, i've done jailbreaks on all different softwares and all of the multiple iPhone's i've had and NEVER have i had any issues. i've taught myself to use cydia and do all the basic things, but when it comes to all of the in-depth things (SHSH blobs, etc.) i'm a little lost in that category so a little help would be nice - but you may need to dumb it down a bit.

ANYWAY!
excited as everyone else that i could jailbreak my iPhone untethered this morning, i did just that using evasi0n. i updated my phone to iOS 6.1, went to the evasi0n website, downloaded the windows jailbreak, removed my passcode and (from what i thought?) jailbroke my phone properly. i've never had any problems using cydia - until today. EVERYTHING that i try to download... tweaks, apps, themes, everything regardless of the source is not working. i keep getting an error called "NetDB: Open nodename nor servername provided, or not known." i mean in the past i've had issues with random apps not working but never everything? if i download a source i also get the same error. (or something pretty similar.) i've never had issues with anything jailbreaking related. i've never had to restore my phone after an attempted JB, nothing. so i'm new to all of this troubleshooting. i read up on a random website that someone had the same issue so they rebooted their phone and it worked just fine. so i tried rebooting. when i rebooted - i got stuck on the apple logo for about 20 minutes then my phone just randomly rebooted as normal.

is there something i should have done differently during this jailbreak? any way to fix this without getting too complicated? is my phone going to stick on the apple boot logo for 20 minutes every time i try to reboot?

i apologize for the long post, i've been reading this forum for a long time and i just figured someone here could help me out. thanks so much in advance!

Millions of others have just jailbroken too. So millions of others are right now probably trying to use Cydia. May just have to be patient.

I did read one fix was to go into settings and reset your network settings. But it did squat for me.

Servers are busy with all the requests being sent worldwide. Keep refreshing or try again later when traffic dies out.

So what I'm gathering here is that I did jailbreak correctly, I just need to wait for things to "calm down" so to speak and it'll begin working? That's great, I'm just hoping something didn't go wrong. I wasn't sure what the error message I was receiving meant.

I JB at the exact time it was released on both my devices....got the same errors thinking I messed up...servers are bogged down

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I'm trying to download things off cydia I keep getting size miss match or something anyone no what this means. Everything on cydia I try and use goes red with errors

I actually jailbroke then restored again cos i was getting these problems but still the same after rejailbreak, i think we should be fine reading between the lines we have done it correctly and like u say just wait to calm down hopefully ;-)

Thankssssss guys! Good thing I posted or i'd still be freaking out right now.

I lnow mate same boat as you ;-) im glad we have all posted thing its kinda cleared up a few of my freak out issues lol

chillenandy321 said:
anyone having problems on reboot being stuck at apple logo

Yup I did...I had to reboot it about 10x to finally boot normal....hold down the power and the home button....if that doesn't work turn it off, and as you plug it into the computer hold the home button

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

I stuck at the same point as you guys, cannot download anything from cydia. I think it must be a server or something to do with it but I'm no expert lol.

Sent from the T-800