What's new

Remote Desktop

glahgenius

Reaction score
I am just curious if anyone uses a remote desktop app out there. I would really like to be able to access the files on my computer whenever wherever.

My Bro in-law uses Sugar Sync which allows him to do this, but it is an online backup service and I'm not to keen on the idea of backing up my life on someone elses servers.

If anyone uses something similar please discuss it here so everyone looking for this ability can read and decide whats best for them. Thanks in advance for the information and recommendations

RealVNC + Mocha VNC Lite, perhaps?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT2g-5FJOwY[/ame]

"I use iTeleport it's awsome!! No huge complicated setup either. "

Id like to give it a try, but I just saw the $24.99 price tag. Any trial versions I just didnt seem to find?

Ill try out MochaVNC lite! if its free its worth a shot. Thanks!

Last edited:
OK. I attempted MochaVNC lite +realVNC free edition and followed the video, but it will not connect on port "5900". any ideas?

probably port forwrding issue or firewall problem... But try Teamviewer, that one is great without the portforward hassel

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKCEAdRRG8s[/ame]

I just downloaded team viewer and this worked like a charm so easy to set up... no setup required, just download app and program and enter a session number and password Thanks!!

I am actually writing this from the iphone now. Pretty dope.
Now the computer must always be on and connected for this to work right? I know it may be a stupid question, but still need the clarity.

Please keep the suggestions coming the more options the better!

Last edited:
It is possible to have the computer turned off.
However you need to have activated Wake-On-Lan in the target computer.
If you want to wake the computer from a remote location (not lan) then you also need to setup your router to port forward all port 9 packets to the spesific computer.

You will need to have the targets network computers cards MAC adress, and its IP-adress (or the external ip adress if over internet)

Then you will need iWOL for your iPhone to wake the computer before you can use Teamviewer.

So, its possible, just a bit more advanced..

I used to use iteleport but when i heard about team viewer i switched. Personally think teamviewer is easier.

I have a DYNDNS account which I use to log into my pc.What suitable remote desktop application can I use or get for my iphone4?teamviewer might be great but I think you have to rely of someone at your desktop giving you the ID??Do I also download the app direct onto my iphone through net or can I connect and download it via my pc and then onto my phone.Advise would be greatly appreciated.

IGNORE THIS POST AS IT WAS DUPLICATED-SEE BELOW

thanks
Bruce

Last edited: