What's new

Mobile Iron

Rainbow1616

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about this app? My company requires it to Be on My phone for me to be allowed on the secure wifi network. I downloaded the app from the app store and connected to My company but then the app wants to download a profile on My phone which will give them the ability to add or remove anything from My phone at will. This just doesn't give Me a good fuzzy feeling inside.
Anyone have any opinions?
Thanks

I should also add that its strongly suggested that My phone be on the secured network because I use it for remote desktop and to access the Building automation systems and Building lighting systems and it has to be on the same network to do that.
I just don't like the idea that they COULD "see in my phone"

Last edited:
LOL. Welcome to using a smart phone in a business environment. I will give you one, very long winded, piece of advice on the subject matter.

If it is your personal phone, IE you paid for it and the cellular account is under your name and you are paying that monthly bill, then DO NOT allow them to install ANYTHING on it. Period. No exceptions.

If they are paying even ONE PENNY of the operational cost of the phone, then you better install it quick, fast and in a hurry. Oh and remove everything personal on it.

Now if they "suggest" that you need to do it, either have them provide you with a phone or provide you with a monthly expense account to pay for the phone. If you go the second route, DO NOT PUT ANYTHING on the phone that is personal EVER.

Been in the IT world for 28 years. Spent four of them in the USAF. Which is where I learned all of my security protocols that I still use to this day. And the one thing that my training taught me above all else is the second you put one personal item on a device that is paid for by your employer, they usually can show the legal right to view said item. So unless you have a lawyer on retention to fight that in court. I would heed my advice to the letter and never put anything personal on a phone used for work.

Thanks! That is what I was leaning toward not doing it. As of now they do NOT pay anything for the phone it is My personal phone. It does make my job easier but I could just as easily carry around My laptop. The only difference is My phone is always on me and I do not carry the laptop unless I know I will need it.

This policy is new with My old iphone they just gave me a wpa code and that was it.
Thanks again for the advice!

Interesting post. I had the same issue when our hospital made all mobile devices that had access to our corporate email create a passcode on the phone. Must have missed the early notification, but was very surprised to get an alert that I could not access my phone without creating a passcode. So I did, but what made it worse was that I could not change my auto lock setting. It was set to lock at 30 seconds of inactivity. Try using that on vacation.

At the end, I decided I did not need to access work email on my phone anymore. Oh, this passcode was also pushed onto my personal iPad as well. That did it for me!

Interesting post. I had the same issue when our hospital made all mobile devices that had access to our corporate email create a passcode on the phone. Must have missed the early notification, but was very surprised to get an alert that I could not access my phone without creating a passcode. So I did, but what made it worse was that I could not change my auto lock setting. It was set to lock at 30 seconds of inactivity. Try using that on vacation.

At the end, I decided I did not need to access work email on my phone anymore. Oh, this passcode was also pushed onto my personal iPad as well. That did it for me!

Actually yes I do work at a Hospital as well and they did the same thing with the 4 digit code. I took their email off and now they have this mobile iron profile they push as described above.