What's new

Remote access IPhone 4

michaeld3

Reaction score
Hi All, my apology if this issue has been discussed elsewhere but I dont seem to be able to find it if it has.
My daughters ex is somehow accessing her I4 remotely with his I4 and reading her txt messages.
What we would like to know is anyone aware of this feature (software , apps ?) and more importantly how do we block remote access to her phone
Thanks in advance for any advice

Michael

michaeld3 said:
Hi All, my apology if this issue has been discussed elsewhere but I dont seem to be able to find it if it has.
My daughters ex is somehow accessing her I4 remotely with his I4 and reading her txt messages.
What we would like to know is anyone aware of this feature (software , apps ?) and more importantly how do we block remote access to her phone
Thanks in advance for any advice

Michael

Seems like your daughter is jailbroken. Tell her to backup and restore the phone..

Thankyou iC, hopefully it will be that easy. Still, are you saying, for all phones that are jailbroken remote acess is possible and there is no way to stop it other than bu and restore ?

Michael

michaeld3 said:
Thankyou iC, hopefully it will be that easy. Still, are you saying, for all phones that are jailbroken remote acess is possible and there is no way to stop it other than bu and restore ?
N *^}]{]
Michael

I'm saying if he jailbroke her device and installed certain apps he could have remote access. For instance he could've installed openssh and gained access like that. But she would. Have to connect to a wifi hotspot that he knows. I also read about spy software that allows him to do things like this. Im not 100% sure if he has done any of this but restoring the device would wipe whatever he's using. Can someone clarify.

Last edited:
Wow I didn't kno u can do that O_O ..how do you kno when someone is reading for looking thru another phone ?

Perplle said:
Wow I didn't kno u can do that O_O ..how do you kno when someone is reading for looking thru another phone ?

You wouldn't. Lol darkstar. I was in the process of changing it when you posted.

Ok I was just talking to her, she said she doesnt have open ssh and she is pretty sure he has some software on his computer that he uses to access her phone ?
So now Im not sure if I gave incorrect information in my opening post.... not sure if he is using the phone, computer or a combination of both to get the remote access, sorry for the confusion.
Anyway she is going to do the backup and restore for starters, see how we go

michaeld3 said:
Ok I was just talking to her, she said she doesnt have open ssh and she is pretty sure he has some software on his computer that he uses to access her phone ?
So now Im not sure if I gave incorrect information in my opening post.... not sure if he is using the phone, computer or a combination of both to get the remote access, sorry for the confusion.
Anyway she is going to do the backup and restore for starters, see how we go

Ok. Sounds like it's time to speak to this ex about what he's doing as well.