What's new

Reminders VS Calendar

I can't get my reminders to work on my iPhone 4. The app comes up, but it will not let me add (the + sign is missing) a reminder. The only way I can add a reminder is thru iCal on my MBP or thru iCloud, but neither will sync with my iPhone. any suggestions?

I love to stay organized....or at least try to and I have experimented with many apps trying to make it better....bottom line, simple is best, it just has to work and there has to be a back up for it...too many apps doing the same things just creates clutter and if they are the same as in a reminder or calendar your going to get all those alarms at possibly the worse times.

WDK

Actually the reminder is useless to me, i used it once and that's it, never use it since till date again. I daily use the calendar and the alarm for most of my needs.

It really comes down to need. I sync both my calendar and reminders with MS Outlook at work and Google for my personal and both appear on my iPhone. I need my calendar to show where I'm suppose to be and my reminders what I'm suppose to be doing. For example my calendar lists my meetings and I use reminders for my tasks. Some of my tasks are detailed ... Like annual reports and so in the body of my reminder I list how to compile the report so I don't forget next time it is due.

Basically.... Both these applications keep me sane. 😄

mwolfer said:
It really comes down to need. I sync both my calendar and reminders with MS Outlook at work and Google for my personal and both appear on my iPhone. I need my calendar to show where I'm suppose to be and my reminders what I'm suppose to be doing. For example my calendar lists my meetings and I use reminders for my tasks. Some of my tasks are detailed ... Like annual reports and so in the body of my reminder I list how to compile the report so I don't forget next time it is due.

Basically.... Both these applications keep me sane.

The calendar is enough for me don't feel the need of using anything else

CharlieYoung said:
The calendar is enough for me don't feel the need of using anything else

Reminders are still good for making a simple list of things to buy/do that are not date/time related. I use the reminders app for both. Never use the Calanders app.