What's new

Rejailbreaking

turney

Reaction score
Guys,
I have decided, due to several issues, that its time to rejailbreak my ip4. I have a couble of questions:

How do I make sure I dont loose all my contacts?
Do I just rejailbreak it like I was doing it for the first time?
Is there any info I need to get off my phone prior to doing it?
Is there any risk by rejailbreaking?
What will be on my phone after rejailbreaking, if anything?

Thanks!

just make sure you have backed up in itunes and you wont lose any contacts,

why do you need to re-jailbreak? I mean what issues did you have?

you should restore then jailbreak, dont jailbreak on top of another jailbreak.

My phone keeps crashing and it's due to the springboard or atleast that's what the crash reporter is telling me.

I agree with unleashed, dont put another jailbreak on top of each other. Make sure you save everything and start from scratch. You should really go back and check your downloads and see if one of them is the issue before you attempt to start fresh. Did this just start happening or has it been an on going issue? If it just started go back to the last app you downloaded and delete it and see if this fix's your issue. Good luck either way.

The springboard crashing had to be one tweak or app that you installed that is creating your issue.

Make sure your tweaks/apps are all compatible with iOS 4+ or start installing them one at the time till you find the one causing issues.

I have uninstalled everything that is new or installed since it started crashing and it still crashes.

I have uninstalled everything that is new or installed since it started crashing and it still crashes.

Maybe provide a list of the apps & tweaks you've still got installed and we'll see if we can spot something that would be a problem...?