What's new

Recording?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why can't they create a feature within the iPhone to be able to record calls and it save to the voice recorder? Why do you have to go through a third party server which costs money? You can do this legal BS talk all you want but the fact of the matter is there is nothing illegal in ANY state in the act of recording the call. The legality issue comes in to play with how you use that recording...so I don't want to hear any legal excuses.

Why can't they create a feature within the iPhone to be able to record calls and it save to the voice recorder? Why do you have to go through a third party server which costs money? You can do this legal BS talk all you want but the fact of the matter is there is nothing illegal in ANY state in the act of recording the call. The legality issue comes in to play with how you use that recording...so I don't want to hear any legal excuses.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You don't care and you don't want to read. Good times. Good times.

But I will say I like that in a person. It shows that you have have used your personal rights to make a choice and have an opinion.

Sadly that doesn't make you right or give your the right to break the law regardless of how you feel about it. Because if you actually read the federal laws on the subject matter you wouldn't be typing what you just typed.

Taping a conversation in the United States of America is 100% illegal under all circumstances save for two.

1) Both parties agree to be taped and there is a verifiable agreement.

2) A sitting judge in good standing has issued a warrant.

And before anyone decides to say "My answering machine doesn't have a signed agreement!", actually yes it does. When the person leaves the recording that is the verifiable proof that they agreed to be recorded.

So with that in mind, you have your answer whether you like the answer or not. And with that this thread has already come to an end.

Last edited:
I just spent a few minutes reading the actual Federal level statue regarding the laws of recording a conversation that occurs over telephone system. Basically I decided to do a "check up on my old memory".

The federal law specifically states "That one party must consent". With that in mind my above post has been left as original edited to show that I was mistaken about the Federal law. The law that I was quoting was a State level law that supersedes the Federal law (IE the time frame I was living in Florida where the subject mater was researched).

As such, ClemsonMarshal you have my apology for quoting the law as Federal instead of State.

My answer, while technically partially wrong since only 12 states (based on further research) meet that legal condition, is still valid.

Apple has to follow all law in all states. Hence they can not know which state both parties are standing in and hence don't want the legal issue of recording a call illegally. Hence they are treating as a Federal level issue to comply with all law on the subject matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.