What's new

Rattle noise from camera area

I don't know if they will replace it, they usually do though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ill wait till my phone has a few scratches before i bring it in then :D

so what if someone has a cracked LCD but brings it in for a rattle? lol

I would rather take it in looking new not to make them think you caused it

The apple stores are very professional. I had a bunch of dings on mine from an "incident". My camera had a spot on it from the inside. The camera is attached to the main board and cannot just be swapped out. So, new phone.

However...I was only expecting a swapped out lens. My lucky day.

Ya that's cool, I like how they do that. But honestly you never know, but right now they are switching most of them out because they have way more iPhones than parts

true true. ill wait a month or so and revisit the idea. how long do we have for manufactur warranty? 1 year? and how do we determine the date it goes out of warranty? i bought mine from craigs list but was brand new

Oh! You have to have AppleCare or... They don't care about you... Haha get it

Mine was covered with the warranty. I got mine on Craigslist too. Had a few dings and got it for a bargain. Then the camera issue they pulled up the warranty info with the serial number. Then BAM...new phone. I was pleased and did not have apple care.

i wouldnt think you need apple care. im sure the warranty follows the phone itself ( as long as its not reported stolen ). when i had my 4, the power/sleep button kept getting stuck and i brought it in and they gave me a new one ( after a 2 hour wait ). was just wondering when does the 1 year warranty take effect. manufacture date of the phone? date of purchase? etc etc. maybe ill search the apple site.

your 1 year warranty starts from the day you buy your new idevice......and no you don't HAVE to have Apple care,that's a matter of choice.

what if i bought it from craigs list? any way to determine the original purchase date?

what if i bought it from craigs list? any way to determine the original purchase date?
as i'm in the UK we don't have Craigs list but i would think that you would be invoiced,probably you get a confirmation email? you could print these off as your proof of purchase date......also remember your warranty is the same,whatever source you buy your new phone from.

as i'm in the UK we don't have Craigs list but i would think that you would be invoiced,probably you get a confirmation email? you could print these off as your proof of purchase date......also remember your warranty is the same,whatever source you buy your new phone from.

Craigslist is basically a site that lets ppl sell stuff. So in a way think of it as a local ebay. Met up with a guy to buy the device so no invoice or receipt :/

Was new though. When i had my 4 they didnt ask for invoice or receipt when i exchanged it due to power button issue.

Sent from my iPhone using the paid version of Tapatalk

bknewtype said:

If you go to this site, and enter the serial number of your device, you can find out if the warranty has expired, and the expiration date of the warranty if it hasn't.

https://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

I'm not sure of the procedure to transfer the warranty to you from the original purchaser.

scifan57, iPhone Forums Moderator