What's new

iPhone Rattle

ChairmanPrescott

Reaction score
Hi everyone! This is my first post on here and I was just wondering, would it be possible to exchange my iPhone over this hardware issue?
Some background is I got my iPhone 4 for graduation this year a few weeks ago, and was rock solid up until about a week ago, when I noticed it had a slight rattle in the general area of the HD camera. The sound escalated over the next few weeks into a very evident rattling noise just about every time I move the device, set it down on a table (especially when the top makes first contact with a surface) and when it vibrates. To the best of my knowledge my device has not been dropped, smashed, or mishandled in any way, and I am quite frustrated with this issue. Also this may be degrading to my iPhones performance as I have spotted a number of software issues only in the week after i noticed the rattle.
Please send your opinions on if I could use this to exchange my iPhone, I'm aware others have done it and the replacements have been rock solid, indicating a defect.
My warranty still covers it and I have not done anything to void it.
Please be aware that I live in Canada and there is no apple stores near my location; only cellphone company outlets; would this affect my ability to replace it or complain about this issue?
Many thanks in advance!

I would contact Apple and explain your problem. I have heard of people being sent a new iPhone and was told to return their broken iPhone in the same box. That way you are not without a cell phone.

I hope this is what Apple will do for you. Good Luck.

bc

Hello, unfortunately I have the exact same problem. I bought my 4s a couple of weeks ago and noticed this annoying rattle noise in the back of the iPhone, when I leave it on the table or shake it. Very disappointed by the Apple. Spend a fortune to buy it and sounds like a toy for kids...