What's new

Question about themes

ardchoille

Reaction score
I've downloaded a Winterboard theme and I like everything about it except the icon badge background. I have been theming apps for years and know how to design my own graphics. My question is this:
If I delete the icon badge background (colored circle) from the theme, will the theme simply fall back to using the default icon badge background images for iOS? Or will the phone refuse to boot since a theme element is missing?

Also, iFile is using "trash". Where is this trash? I need to empty it.

I've downloaded a Winterboard theme and I like everything about it except the icon badge background. I have been theming apps for years and know how to design my own graphics. My question is this:
If I delete the icon badge background (colored circle) from the theme, will the theme simply fall back to using the default icon badge background images for iOS? Or will the phone refuse to boot since a theme element is missing?

Also, iFile is using "trash". Where is this trash? I need to empty it.

On the first part, yes, the system will default back to the stock image if you remove the themed image from the theme. It won't "hurt" the phone in any way - which is why I like to use theming to change the appearance versus going into the file system and Apple-stock images.

Just make a note of the image you deleted so that if you ever uninstall/reinstall that theme, you can go back and delete it again...

For iFile trash, be in any folder. Tap the Edit button at the top right. Don't select any file or folder, just press the trash can icon that will appear at the bottom. You will be offered the options to (1) Go to Trash, (2) Empty Trash or (3) Cancel; select the option you wish.

I also made a bookmark for the Trash, so that it was easier for me to find should I wish to go to it and remove something I deleted. I picked the Go to Trash option and created a bookmark when I got there.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

If you don't want the badge to have a background, instead of deleting the file just replace it with an empty transparent png.

Mickey330 said:
On the first part, yes, the system will default back to the stock image if you remove the themed image from the theme. It won't "hurt" the phone in any way - which is why I like to use theming to change the appearance versus going into the file system and Apple-stock images.

Just make a note of the image you deleted so that if you ever uninstall/reinstall that theme, you can go back and delete it again...

For iFile trash, be in any folder. Tap the Edit button at the top right. Don't select any file or folder, just press the trash can icon that will appear at the bottom. You will be offered the options to (1) Go to Trash, (2) Empty Trash or (3) Cancel; select the option you wish.

I also made a bookmark for the Trash, so that it was easier for me to find should I wish to go to it and remove something I deleted. I picked the Go to Trash option and created a bookmark when I got there.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Ah, falling back on the default iOS images.. that's what I was hoping. That is going to make things a lot easier. Thanks also for the trash bookmark idea, will do that.

Jmills87 said:
If you don't want the badge to have a background, instead of deleting the file just replace it with an empty transparent png.
Another good idea, thank you. I'll be theming it when I can but am just learning how everything works. I may end up doing custom themes for the community like I was doing for android.