What's new

question about 4.1 OS jailbroken

sexyashy17

Reaction score
I initally joined this forum about my iphone 4 but I figured you guys may know about this also.

I have a jailbroken Iphone 3gs 8gig that was jailbroken using limera1n, my question is if the phone is powered off or dies will I lose my jailbreak? Also do you use limera1n to unlock as well or no?

I had a 3gs that entered recovery mode when it died last week and apple replaced it for me it was operating on 4.2.1 it was jailbroken and unlocked. I dont know if that matters or not.

Im just not highly educated about it so I thought i would ask.

Thanks in advance

also i did a search and couldnt find the info Im seeking

the answer is simple... No you do not lose your jailbreak, you can upgrade to 4.2.1 and still have an un tethered jailbreak if you use redsn0w.. its only iphone 4 users that have this problem and its with the latest firmware not with 4.1..

but again the iphone 3gs is ok on all firmwares.. but if you upgrade you will lose the jailbreak but your able to re jailbreak and be ok to power on and off..

limera1n does NOT unlock. you use that to jailbreak then use ultrasn0w to unlock..

read here: http://www.iphone4forum.net/forum/i...ock-4-1-read-before-creating-new-thread-3946/

and for tutorials to jailbreak and unlock go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials