What's new

my case for downgrading 4.1 or 4.3.5

RussiiBear

Reaction score
Hello guys,
This is my first and I hope the only one post that I want to post to let you know about my iphone problem so that I might have get helped with it.
I am from Russia, and I hope to face with really friendly relation from your side, cause most of moderators of the russian iphone forums are really hysterical sucks. So these guys didnt help with anything but once again learnt me how important it isto save one's own nerves.
So the problems is: I purchased my iphone 3gs a month ago (I really prefer 3gs rather than 4's) and there was factory 4.2.1 firmware installed. I wasn't afraid of updating some IOS software that might have made my iphone stoned, cause the phone had been officially set off any operator.
So I did. I installed tiny umbrella and saved my shsh blobs, don't know how but there was 4.1 saved instead of 4.2.1 so then I downgraded to the older 4.1 and didn't like the performance completely (in my first thoughts there were iphone working faster on 4.1 than iphone working on 4.2.1), so as you understood, it didn't approved. So then I could not get back to the 4.2.1 (obviously cause somehow I saved 4.1 blob instead of 4.2.1) and I had to update to the 4.3.5 (which was final for that moment). There after I saved 4.3.5 blob for any case of... I use 4.3.5 for a month now and still want to downgrade to my original 4.2.1 cause the battery worked far longer it does now. Finally in my own searches of perfectness I once more realized that your original is always better than anything could ever be found.
I read lots of topics about how good 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 for your battery and it sets you free of stupid multitasking (still wonder who needs that on a phone), I would try to use it, maybe it might have fit all my needs without going on any compromise to keep some features which I really never pay attention to. I would go to 4.2.1 if you let me know any possibility how.

p.s. I saved 4.1 and 4.3.5 blobs only. Is any way to downgrade without shsh blobs?

Simple answer is that you can't downgrade to any iOS version that you don't have SHSH Blobs.

Well. At least I can downgrade to 4.1. There should be a way to upgrade to 4.2.1
I get 3149 error all the time I try to do that. Maybe the problem is in the 5.16.05 modem? How can I bypass it?