What's new

Quality Issues mean I Cancelled my IPhone 5 Order

crowd pleaser

Reaction score
Hi guys,
being a 'floating voter' so to speak i get a sales call from the then T-Mobile flogging the iPhone 5. Deal for £149.00 and £43 pm i could get unlimited everything (within their fair usage). So i ponder and think ok go ahead, and i wait, and wait. After 5 weeks i call them up to find he clown of an agent had ordered it with a new phone number i use my number for buisness and have had it over 29 years - this should be a simple upgrade :(.

Very apologetic next agent says they have to cancel and restart the order, i had t go to the back of the Que, reluctantly and none to quietly i agree and again wait, and wait. Now i'm going on holiday, don't want it delivered to my vacant home. so i phone up to ask them for a delivery date. Get told Tuesday/Wednesday the first week i'm away, so i give them my trusted neighbours details.

Full of anticipation i return home to - no phone, i again ring them up and get told my handset is not yet even allocated ???? on further discussion i also find out the second clot of an agent ordered me an i phone 4S!!!!!!! WTF is going on with EE?

Fortunately tbh, between times i learn 4G is only to be available in the big cities, i live out in rural Essex and use WiFi at home, rarely download large files especially away from home. While 4G may be fast it also has pugnacious download limits - so whats the point of this hi-speed? also i since read of the quality issues with flaking paint, rattling hardware, rubbish maps and more recently about the camera exhibiting a blue haze when bright light sources are in the scene.

i decided buying a below par handset from a formally a trusted hi end maker, coupled with a below par service from a previously very good service provider simply was not worth paying more of my money out for when my iPhone 4 works seamlessly and cancelled.

i'm left with mixed feelings of annoyance and relief, had i actually got the new iP5 i could now be seriously regretting it, at least i can wait until Apple and EE get their act together before i risk proceeding, and i can take a good look at the new Google and M$ offerings - something i would not have even considered before.

IMHO, Once i was happy to pay even over the top for a top quality product, Apple have dropped the ball here seriously undermining my confidence, i'm darn sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

sorry you had such a lot of trouble,however I'm very happy with my iPhone 5 and a lot of people i know haven't had any issues,i hope that when you decide to go ahead things go smoothly for you.

Poisonivy said:
sorry you had such a lot of trouble,however I'm very happy with my iPhone 5 and a lot of people i know haven't had any issues,i hope that when you decide to go ahead things go smoothly for you.

Thanks PI,
SIRI did not attract me enough to upgrade to the iPhone 4S, i never have had any luck with voice recognition software such as dragon dictate. very likely my East End accent mixed with yokel Essex is the cause. i wonder if for many it works for, like the 'gimmick' but it soon wears off?

The sheer volume of complaints made over the paint flaking which i think is only on the black version looks like a design fault, and the camera issues dismays me, why do Apple who held such a lofty reputation for utter quality over the competition - so justifying the customers spend - make these dumb moves and give Samsung a better foot hold? what is the logic of all the law suits then scoring such obvious own goals aiding Samsung?

baffling! but i know i'm not into product testing or chancing at my own serious expense.

just to add, rumour mill i've read suggest iPhone 6 to be released within next 6 months, but then we have all been there before have we not ? :).

Thanks PI,
SIRI did not attract me enough to upgrade to the iPhone 4S, i never have had any luck with voice recognition software such as dragon dictate. very likely my East End accent mixed with yokel Essex is the cause. i wonder if for many it works for, like the 'gimmick' but it soon wears off?

The sheer volume of complaints made over the paint flaking which i think is only on the black version looks like a design fault, and the camera issues dismays me, why do Apple who held such a lofty reputation for utter quality over the competition - so justifying the customers spend - make these dumb moves and give Samsung a better foot hold? what is the logic of all the law suits then scoring such obvious own goals aiding Samsung?

baffling! but i know i'm not into product testing or chancing at my own serious expense.

just to add, rumour mill i've read suggest iPhone 6 to be released within next 6 months, but then we have all been there before have we not ? :).
yes rumour,rumour and more rumour,haven't heard anything myself,i wont be upgrading again if it did happen,one of the the things i like about iphone is that you have a current phone for a year (unlike android)so i would not be a happy bunny.....having said that i cant see it happening.

Poisonivy said:
yes rumour,rumour and more rumour,haven't heard anything myself,i wont be upgrading again if it did happen,one of the the things i like about iphone is that you have a current phone for a year (unlike android)so i would not be a happy bunny.....having said that i cant see it happening.

agreed, but Apple do have a track record for this with the original iPad, released to a blaze of glory to be surpassed by the iPad 2 with no upgrade path offered - as a bitter and twisted friend if mine never tires of pointing out lol!

just to add, never understood why they went with the box shape in the iPad1 to the soap shape case on the ip2, but went in the opposite direction with the phones?

Last edited:
agreed, but Apple do have a track record for this with the original iPad, released to a blaze of glory to be surpassed by the iPad 2 with no upgrade path offered - as a bitter and twisted friend if mine never tires of pointing out lol!

just to add, never understood why they went with the box shape in the iPad1 to the soap shape case on the ip2, but went in the opposite direction with the phones?
well lets hope they give us time to save up for iPhone 6,i went from 4s to 5 but two iphones in less than a year? i wont do it.

hookbill said:
Why are you upset with Apple. You ought to be upset with your carrier, they are the ones that dropped the ball, not Apple. As far as the "volume of complaints about paint chipping" I guarantee that the volume of happy non chip painting customers are in much greater quantities.

You fell into believing what you read on the internet. And you shouldn't do that.

Fact is if you have 2 people go out to dinner and they enjoy the food they will tell 2 other people. Have 2 people go out and have a bad experience, they will tell 20 people. Internet is the same way. You only see complaints not the comments of satisfied customers.

Well, I hope you enjoy whatever phone you end up with but I will bet sure as I'm sitting here typing this you are going to here complaints about the battery, or where a button is, or how come you have to do this when you use to do that. It's the nature of the internet beast.

I'f you re read what i wrote i'm not upset with - but unnerved by Apple's current quality control.

coming from windows ce using HTC handsets, i experienced lockups and lockouts. then I bought the iPhone 4 it was the shear quality which persuaded me to then buy the iPad2. neither were cheap but business wise far cheaper than missing calls or emails.

i run my own small business, in the past my phones had issues like weak ring tone volume, poor battery life that caused me to miss calls, to the point serious clients got impatient, and i lost business because they went elsewhere.

i often use the camera as evidence of work i have done, or to demo where an item is likely to be situated, it might be a minor problem for many with the blue hazing, but in business terms it is often that attention to such fine detail over my competitors, that counts high in getting the order.

as an electronics engineer and designer (who cares about such things), reports of rattles in the hardware given its high buy cost, only serves to raise further caution about Apple possibly losing its once unassailable way.

i wonder if for many it works for, like the 'gimmick' but it soon wears off?
Siri is not a gimmick by any stretch of the imagination. I talk to her daily to do lots of things, and she understands me completely. For those who say she's no good, obviously their accent is strong or their instructions aren't supported; but I can't imagine the latter being a problem because she pretty much knows everything that I ask her.

I'f you re read what i wrote i'm not upset with - but unnerved by Apple's current quality control.

coming from windows ce using HTC handsets, i experienced lockups and lockouts. then I bought the iPhone 4 it was the shear quality which persuaded me to then buy the iPad2. neither were cheap but business wise far cheaper than missing calls or emails.

i run my own small business, in the past my phones had issues like weak ring tone volume, poor battery life that caused me to miss calls, to the point serious clients got impatient, and i lost business because they went elsewhere.

i often use the camera as evidence of work i have done, or to demo where an item is likely to be situated, it might be a minor problem for many with the blue hazing, but in business terms it is often that attention to such fine detail over my competitors, that counts high in getting the order.

as an electronics engineer and designer (who cares about such things), reports of rattles in the hardware given its high buy cost, only serves to raise further caution about Apple possibly losing its once unassailable way.

Wow! And Wow again! I find it so amusing how so many complaints come from those who don't have the product they complain about..

OP - I'm thinking you may have to rethink how you run your business. If your phone(s) had such weak ringtones that you actually lost clients over missed calls - don't blame the phone. Sure - the first couple of missed calls would be excusable. But it you let this issue continue to the point that it plagued customers to the point of impatience - you dropped the ball seriously here. First - use vibrate in addition to tones. Perhaps you will feel the calls coming in if you are unable to hear them. Plus - if you know it's an issue - get in the habit of checking your phone often - to my knowledge most, if not all, will show missed calls... And then again - you can download a ton of ring tones - I'm sure you can find one that you will hear sufficiently well - I did myself since my hearing is not what it used to be. ;)

Second, if the quality of your photos are imperative to your business - why are you using a cellphone camera for this? True, they have come a long way - but in no way were they ever meant to replace a quality camera - especially if one's business is dependent on the photos they show. Blue hazing costing you jobs? Geez. Not wishing to be harsh here - but hey, let's get real! In business you buy the tools, machinery and equipment that does the best job to reflect the image you wish to project of your work. Complaining that a cellphone alone cannot do this job? Yikes! For a fraction of the cost of an iPhone you can surely purchase even a "point & shoot" camera that does a much better job! And prices are plummeting on the entry level SLR Digital cameras - maybe viewed as unaffordable to a consumer - but for a business, if it's a tool necessary to grab a new client - well, that's just another cost of doing business. And if you need to be facing into the sun - you always have the option of lens filters.. By the way, I can vouch that this new camera is possibly the best one to date for Apple. And the only time I've seen the blue haze is when pointing directly at the sun. Seems this should be something you can easily work around - though I'm not sure exactly what your business is. Apparently something that needs you to be in line with the sun? Sigh..

And third - many of the threads here have explained the "rattle" noise on these phones, though I personally have not experienced any "loose" noise coming from my iPhone 5 despite how hard I shake it. For you to use say you are "unnerved by Apple's current quality control" without even doing the minimal research on this "misunderstood" complaint shows you are apparently looking to put down Apple for any invalid reason you can come up with.

Fourth - the paint chipping. Well, yes - I'd say that is definitely a concern given the amount of publicity about this issue. But I can vouch for mine that it's a non-issue. I've not experienced a single chip, scratch or anything else with the paint on my black iPhone 5. And yes - I do own one, have had it since day one of release and use it daily in a custom woodworking shop where it is subjected to pretty much all the abuse you can throw at it. I'd say perhaps I was one of the lucky ones and got a good one. But getting past that - there are enough valid posts and news reports that Apple is on top of this and doing everything they can to remedy the problem.

Poor quality has NEVER been a phrase associated with Apple products. For sure - not the new iPhone 5. Do yourself a favor and get one. You will be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure.

I'll also add that Siri is just awesome! I can point you to many uTube videos showing how Siri compares well to many competing options on other phones. Sure, still in it's early stages, but I'm using her daily on my phone with only a rare and infrequent glitch. As a person who is not "young" anymore and cannot type as proficiently (on a cellphone at least) as I'd like - I use Siri all the time and continue to be amazed at how well she works. And I agree with Hook - the potential for this is just staggering. For sure not a gimmick..

Disclaimer: These words are my opinions only. Not trying to slam you or insult you. Just pointing out what I feel are invalid complaints about a product you have not even tried yet. And I apologize if my ire was raised, but it's just getting to be a drag when I read complaints such as these before a product has even been purchased.

Last edited:
hookbill said:
Well, my phone has not chipped despite dropping it several times, it does not rattle unless I tell it to and basically IMHO work pretty darn good.

That's my experience with the phone. If you don't get one that's your decision but none of your points are an issue for me.

thanks for these assurances, might just be batch problems experienced by a few (i hope) the factory did have some serious labour upsets i think now resolved.

i was on holiday for 2 weeks, several people had the black 5, none mentioned the camera issue which was reported on the BBC news site, but did say about the chipping. i tend to keep my 4 in a griffin case, which i don't think is available yet for the 5.

i'm not keen to move to another make,ni'll give till after xmas and have another look. more accessories will be out by then - including a cheaper port adapter. one of the sales pitch claims was better battery life, subjective to use i know but do you on the whole also find this, is it a minor or major improvement? the 4 has been excellent and i have a battery case which near doubles the life, but we all want more :).

cuskit said:
Wow! And Wow again! I find it so amusing how so many complaints come from those who don't have the product they complain about..

OP - I'm thinking you may have to rethink how you run your business. If your phone(s) had such weak ringtones that you actually lost clients over missed calls - don't blame the phone. Sure - the first couple of missed calls would be excusable. But it you let this issue continue to the point that it plagued customers to the point of impatience - you dropped the ball seriously here. First - use vibrate in addition to tones. Perhaps you will feel the calls coming in if you are unable to hear them. Plus - if you know it's an issue - get in the habit of checking your phone often - to my knowledge most, if not all, will show missed calls... And then again - you can download a ton of ring tones - I'm sure you can find one that you will hear sufficiently well - I did myself since my hearing is not what it used to be. ;)

Second, if the quality of your photos are imperative to your business - why are you using a cellphone camera for this? True, they have come a long way - but in no way were they ever meant to replace a quality camera - especially if one's business is dependent on the photos they show. Blue hazing costing you jobs? Geez. Not wishing to be harsh here - but hey, let's get real! In business you buy the tools, machinery and equipment that does the best job to reflect the image you wish to project of your work. Complaining that a cellphone alone cannot do this job? Yikes! For a fraction of the cost of an iPhone you can surely purchase even a "point & shoot" camera that does a much better job! And prices are plummeting on the entry level SLR Digital cameras - maybe viewed as unaffordable to a consumer - but for a business, if it's a tool necessary to grab a new client - well, that's just another cost of doing business. And if you need to be facing into the sun - you always have the option of lens filters.. By the way, I can vouch that this new camera is possibly the best one to date for Apple. And the only time I've seen the blue haze is when pointing directly at the sun. Seems this should be something you can easily work around - though I'm not sure exactly what your business is. Apparently something that needs you to be in line with the sun? Sigh..

And third - many of the threads here have explained the "rattle" noise on these phones, though I personally have not experienced any "loose" noise coming from my iPhone 5 despite how hard I shake it. For you to use say you are "unnerved by Apple's current quality control" without even doing the minimal research on this "misunderstood" complaint shows you are apparently looking to put down Apple for any invalid reason you can come up with.

Fourth - the paint chipping. Well, yes - I'd say that is definitely a concern given the amount of publicity about this issue. But I can vouch for mine that it's a non-issue. I've not experienced a single chip, scratch or anything else with the paint on my black iPhone 5. And yes - I do own one, have had it since day one of release and use it daily in a custom woodworking shop where it is subjected to pretty much all the abuse you can throw at it. I'd say perhaps I was one of the lucky ones and got a good one. But getting past that - there are enough valid posts and news reports that Apple is on top of this and doing everything they can to remedy the problem.

Poor quality has NEVER been a phrase associated with Apple products. For sure - not the new iPhone 5. Do yourself a favor and get one. You will be pleasantly surprised, I'm sure.

I'll also add that Siri is just awesome! I can point you to many uTube videos showing how Siri compares well to many competing options on other phones. Sure, still in it's early stages, but I'm using her daily on my phone with only a rare and infrequent glitch. As a person who is not "young" anymore and cannot type as proficiently (on a cellphone at least) as I'd like - I use Siri all the time and continue to be amazed at how well she works. And I agree with Hook - the potential for this is just staggering. For sure not a gimmick..

Disclaimer: These words are my opinions only. Not trying to slam you or insult you. Just pointing out what I feel are invalid complaints about a product you have not even tried yet. And I apologize if my ire was raised, but it's just getting to be a drag when I read complaints such as these before a product has even been purchased.

1) after the demise of the 'builders favourite' Nokia 3310, every 'smart phone' i had was windows based, none had a ring tone that could be complained about in a library - no matter what tune used including guns and roses, and all locked up on average twice a day. This meant you got no missed call indicator until you reset it.

As an installing engineer i often work on many building sites, apart from the usual racket of ruddy painters radio's, drilling, cement mixers etc. a fair bit of debris can get into pockets which scratches the phone. i have to work at odd angles so be careful not to let it slip from pockets. hence it is within a case and enclosed by a deep pocket reducing sound and vibration from the phone.

2) the above apart from theft problems either while on site or from a remotely parked vehicle, i have enough tools and test kit to carry and watch out for, is why i don't carry a separate expensive camera. i don't do fashion shoots, but pictures of works done to prove it was done at a later date if the other trades rip out my installations and deny it, or i advise of a danger/bad workmanship i have evidence, i find the iP4 very capable for my needs and compact.

3) being in the Dominican Republic for recent 2 weeks with only limited internet access, i tended to check the BBC News web site. i'm intelligent enough someone raises a comment on an expensive device i'm in the process of buying - or was, i raise it amongst the most knowledgeable community of people i know = here - so hello! :). would you recommend anyone ignore such comments and risk blowing £800.00 on the 64gb?

where am i trying to put down Apple? if they seem to be losing their way i will ask questions. we are not buying sweets but an investment in my case a vital piece of kit. i already have the excellent ip4 and 1pd2, i think that is product loyalty displayed on my behalf, but i don't ever run round blindly accepting the next product is great just because it's Apple either - but given the cost i'm entitled to just expect it straight out of the box.

4) did say likely my east London accent mangled by an Essex one, i have spent much of my money over the years on, and would love a program that accurately takes dictation or even my orders - after all, i can argue with the wife totally free. on my ip4 if i wan't to randomly call anyone in my phone book or listen to a fax tone i'd simply use voice dial.

With SIRI everyone near would know my business or if i'm just being dumb, perhaps phoning a sex line, my keyboard is far more discrete, especially in places like a cinema or a church ;).

apparently the members of the house of lords is asking for iPads and iPhones to be issued, maybe because they lost track of which expense fiddles they have done so they can check with SIRI?

As I'm also in the UK and in the construction industry I thought I would chip (pun intended) in at this point.

As for quality I've not noticed any issues with mine but it's worth remembering that the media always prefer to report bad news, so a couple of chipped phones out of the gazillions sold will hit the headlines although not always telling the whole truth about how they actually got chipped. The same goes for forums, folks don't tend to sign up to say that my phone is perfect but they will if they feel there is a problem.

I've not missed any calls or texts with this phone, it is plenty loud enough even when I'm nearby to heavy machinery.

Siri is, like everything else, useful only if used for something which is useful to you. It is up to you to use it judiciously. I have a thick London accent which some of my northern colleagues can't quite grasp but so far Siri hasn't failed to get what I am saying every time, even with lots of noise around however, that doesn't mean that it is going to work for everyone.

Finally (I'm sure I have missed a few points), 4G usage is nothing to do with Apple, they just provide the user end technology, availability and usability of 4G is entirely dependant on the networks, if the coverage and data plans are of no use then that will be the same for any make/model of 4G phone.

That's my 2 cents FWIW!

The Archangel

Lots of people come on forums like these to vent their problems and frustrations with idevices, but not many start a thread saying how much they are delighted with their product.

Take a look at other forums dedicated to the other mobile phone manufacturers and even the networks forums and you will see people unhappy at their purchases or services given by the network.

I can only talk for my recent experience regarding my iphone 5.

After 14 attempts at reserving through the online system i got my long awaited e mail confirming the reservation a couple of saturdays ago.

The next day I'm at the Meadowhall Apple Store enjoying a full on shopping experiance.

I'm meet and greeted by a specialist as i walk in the door, to which i explained i have an ip5 reservation who then proceeded to stay with me while i unboxed the ip5, even wiping off the finger prints off the sealed box before i got to touch it.

I'm encouraged to check the phone over and then they take me to the set up area where the specialist stays with me while i set up from a back up from my iCloud. His words were, "we want you to leave the shop with a fully working , with no issues with how the iphone looks cosmetically".

They even take my 02 payg nano sim card off me and perform the sim swap in store.

This was the first time I've purchased from an Apple store, and now it wont be the last.

My ip4 and ip4s were purchased from an 02 high street shop where i was sat down, payment taken and ushered out of the door ! No interest !

Now i don't doubt the early adopters of the iphone 5 have had issues, and some new purchasers continue to have too regarding their iPhone.
My week 38 iphone 5 16gb black/slate came out of the box in pristine condition, with no software issues either.

Apples Customer Service is in my opinion second to none.

You get 14 days to return it for whatever reason you want.

I wish we had applecare + like the americans tho.
Apple offer mint refurb's if your handset fails and if out of warranty they offer again a mint refurb's at a vastly reduced price.

This is the reason why i had and have no issue with parting with £529.00 for my ip5 or £1000 for my MBA.

just to be clear, i did not say my provider issue's (EE) were any of Apples fault. Their delays due to stupid agents actions was the main reason i cancelled but also allowed me more time to find out about reports from users who already own the iP5.

in the past most issues have been software glitches, annoying but sorted fairly promptly with upgrades.

i'd guess the camera issue (if it doe's exist) will also be a software update fix, i raised it here as i don't like paying full price for proto-types and there might be other issues. yet to surface

nobody can deny the maps debacle, releasing it as a compulsory replacement for all iO6 users, with it seems woefully bad field testing is normally unlike Apple, the reports made it onto watchdog.

my ihne 4, and my iPad 2 are imho the best bit of technology i've ever bought, nether ever crash. my iPad all but replaced my laptop.

my only complaint is nearly everyone else uses the classic phone ring tone - gets confusing in crowded places as everyone go's for the 'gun' when someones iphone rings :).

Hi guys,
being a 'floating voter' so to speak i get a sales call from the then T-Mobile flogging the iPhone 5. Deal for £149.00 and £43 pm i could get unlimited everything (within their fair usage). So i ponder and think ok go ahead, and i wait, and wait. After 5 weeks i call them up to find he clown of an agent had ordered it with a new phone number i use my number for buisness and have had it over 29 years - this should be a simple upgrade :(.

that is not a bad offer from t-mobile, though it should be a simple upgrade but I bet you got a new guy who had no idea what he was doing.

Very apologetic next agent says they have to cancel and restart the order, i had t go to the back of the Que, reluctantly and none to quietly i agree and again wait, and wait. Now i'm going on holiday, don't want it delivered to my vacant home. so i phone up to ask them for a delivery date. Get told Tuesday/Wednesday the first week i'm away, so i give them my trusted neighbours details.

thats just terrible customer service, they should of been able to keep your phone on its way and just change the sim.. whats so hard about that?

Full of anticipation i return home to - no phone, i again ring them up and get told my handset is not yet even allocated ???? on further discussion i also find out the second clot of an agent ordered me an i phone 4S!!!!!!! WTF is going on with EE?

omg you should just change carrier and take your number with you or just never upgrade since they have no clue what they are doing a 4S?!?! and yet they had so much trouble even a second agent messed things up more then the first.

What I do is just order a sim from the carrier - in your case EE and as well as getting cheaper monthly bills I buy the phone straight from apple unlocked so I dont have to worry about that and for 36 a month you get unlimited calls/texts and 5GB on internet and going by what you said that would be better for you, just swapping out your sim for a nano one unless they mess that one up as well..

Fortunately tbh, between times i learn 4G is only to be available in the big cities, i live out in rural Essex and use WiFi at home, rarely download large files especially away from home. While 4G may be fast it also has pugnacious download limits - so whats the point of this hi-speed? also i since read of the quality issues with flaking paint, rattling hardware, rubbish maps and more recently about the camera exhibiting a blue haze when bright light sources are in the scene.

well the data is limited any way so you cant download files over 50megs any way wth out jailbreaking and downloading an app like 3G unrestrictor, but the point is for watching youtube or catch up tv or sky go... but for a lot they dont need it and have wide access to wifi, like my ipad I barely use the data on it...

i decided buying a below par handset from a formally a trusted hi end maker, coupled with a below par service from a previously very good service provider simply was not worth paying more of my money out for when my iPhone 4 works seamlessly and cancelled.

I would of probably done the same because you had so much hassle and the last thing you need is problems switching numbers and especilly like you say from a number you cant lose, the 4 is pretty good any way even though it did not get all the ios 6 features its still a good phone to have.

i'm left with mixed feelings of annoyance and relief, had i actually got the new iP5 i could now be seriously regretting it, at least i can wait until Apple and EE get their act together before i risk proceeding, and i can take a good look at the new Google and M$ offerings - something i would not have even considered before.

IMHO, Once i was happy to pay even over the top for a top quality product, Apple have dropped the ball here seriously undermining my confidence, i'm darn sure i'm not the only one who feels this way.

to be honest it sounds more like a EE problem rather then an apple one since its EE that puts in the order and arranges everything, apple just supply the phone so I dont see how apple gets the blame? but for me much like for PI I ordered the phone directly from apple unlocked and everything went smoothly, no contract or anything but then you pay full price 64GB cost 700.

Thanks PI,

I would not call it a gimmick, I have found it very useful actually even me, I thought I would never use it and simple things such as setting my alarm clock or being lost in London wondering where X shop or service is and siri finds it and siri US understands me perfectly though I would not upgrade only for that reason but more for other features and insides such as the A6 chip and fast loading or a 64GB model as apose to the 32gb that has no 64gb model or the ability to facetime on a data connection but if siri is the only reason for your upgrade I would hold off as well as the iphone will only get better so it does no harm waiting another year or two.

I dont have any of these problems that are basically over exxadurated on the news like the antenna problem on the 4, do you have that? or like maps on ios 6 or any of these so called problems I never had any of them

lol that wont be true.. the 5S will come first probably next sept/oct