What's new

I ordered my Iphone 4 yesterday

qnet

Reaction score
I took the plunge and, ordered my Iphone 4 at the At&t store. It will be delivered there. I decided to keep my Nexus one as a backup and, I still really like the phone. My only reservation is having to sign up with AT & t. I won't sign up until the Iphone arrives.

I hate waited for it. The sales guy at At & t said it would take 7-14 days. From reading the post on here I'm guessing it will take closer to 14 days than 7. I already ordered a case for it and I'm thinking about getting the desktop dock.

I had a question for any of you who have the desktop dock. When phone calls come in, does it automatically switch to speaker phone and, if so; how is the call quality as far as people hearing you?

The reason I ask is because, on the Nexus one dock it does this however, the Mic on the bottom is covered, making it difficult for people to here you. That's a serious design flaw IMO. The car dock has a small port for the Mic.

The dock does not switch to speaker. It does have some holes to let the sound escape(not ideal). However if you have the dock audio out plugged into some speakers it does put the call thru them.

The dock does not switch to speaker. It does have some holes to let the sound escape(not ideal). However if you have the dock audio out plugged into some speakers it does put the call thru them.

Thanks. That will probably work, it just would have been nice to answer the phone with one swipe and then type my customers information on my Ipad with time master, then sinc the info to the phone. I can still do this, I just have a few more steps to go through.

this brings up a question i have. so the iphone 4 has two mics right? as apple states, one helps with noise cancellation. so my question is, if the normal mic (the bottom one) is covered completely, can the second mic compensate and work as a normal mic so people can still hear you? or is that mic not meant to work like that?

this brings up a question i have. so the iphone 4 has two mics right? as apple states, one helps with noise cancellation. so my question is, if the normal mic (the bottom one) is covered completely, can the second mic compensate and work as a normal mic so people can still hear you? or is that mic not meant to work like that?

I'm not positive but, I don't think it will work (it would be nice if it did). My Nexus one has a extra Mic for noise cancellation and, it's hard for people to here you when the phone is in the dock. I think that extra Mic might make it worse when it's in the doc.

I bought the Iphone 4 dock and, like Dannyboy said; it has holes on the bottom but, I don't know if that's ideal. I'll have to test it out when I get my phone, hopefully today. :)