What's new

**PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT** iOS 6.1.3 CANNOT BE JAILBOKEN

Thomasjtsi

Reaction score
Apple recently sent out iOS 6.1.3 beta 2 to testors recently. Yesterday, @planetbeing (evad3rds team leader) announced that this iOS version DOES close off one of the 5 exploits used to Jailbreak iOS 6.0 thru 6.1.2. So....

WHEN iOS 6.1.3 IS RELEASED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC.... DO NOT UPDATE IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR JAILBREAK!!

ALWAYS save your Blobs! Downgrading from iOS 6.x.x is only an option on the iPhone 4 or earlier devices.

ALWAYS save your Blobs! Downgrading from iOS 6.x.x is only an option on the iPhone 4 or earlier devices.

Looking for LemonRa1n exploit~~ See what I did there?

LimeRa1n takes advantage of a bootrom exploit, which is why the iPhone 3GS and 4 are always tether jailbreakable after every iOS release because you can exploit it as many times as you want.

One reason that you always save your blobs even though your device can't downgrade, is because in the future, if the iOS is jailbreakable and becomes a golden iOS, and it just so happens that you can downgrade, at least you'll have the blobs for it. Otherwise, you can use those blobs to upgrade to that iOS in the future. Example, my 4S is still running iOS 5.1.1. I'd want all blobs after 5.1.1 to be saved in case I'm forced to or need to upgrade my iOS to iOS 6.0-6.1.2 so that I can still have a jailbroken device.

Last edited:
Once 6.1.3 hits, will I still be able to retain my jailbreak on my 4s if things gets so messed up I had to restore?

Once 6.1.3 hits, will I still be able to retain my jailbreak on my 4s if things gets so messed up I had to restore?
If the off chance presents itself... and you have no choice but to restore your 4S, no. Your only option will be a restore to 6.1.3 which will not be Jailbreakable.

ok, so I have blobs saved from 6.0.2, 6.1, 6.1.1, and 6.1.2... How would I use those to say restore back to 6.0.2 on my I5? or is this even possible? I have the 6.0.2 ipsw, but am not sure of the process... I ask because so far with my tweaking I have twice had to do a full restore on my device and wasnt worried about the upgrading. but if the new update is NOT gonna be breakable, well thats gonna be a issue... I have been searching for the last hour or so and havent found a guide for it yet.

EDIT: Nevermind. found a thread where Thomas, Inked, and a couple guys state you cannot Downgrade an I5... bummer....

Last edited:
EDIT: Nevermind. found a thread where Thomas, Inked, and a couple guys state you cannot Downgrade an I5... bummer....
Yep... this is also true for the iPhone 4S. Until the Devs find an exploit that allows downgrading or "re-restoring," like they did w/ the later iOS 5.x.x versions on the 4S, the iPhone 5 and 4S are stuck w/ whatever iOS version you update to.

ok, I guess next question for you, since I have my blobs saved for my CURRENT iOS, 6.1.2, if I need to restore how do I do that? hold shift and click restore in Itunes? but then what? again, I have googled the crap out of t, but all I keep finding is questions about restoring wit out blobs saved...

If you need to restore, you just hit restore. Since you have an i5 there is no way to downgrade, even with blobs. Once 6.1.3 is released there will be a grace period where Apple will continue signing 6.1.2 but it usually lasts less than 24 hours. During that time, you could shift+restore a 6.1.2 firmware but as soon as they stop signing 6.1.2 you will not be able to restore that firmware again unless they come up with a new downgrade method that works on newer devices.

Even if I have my blobs from 6.1.2? that sucks... Im the type of guy that is always tweaking and messing with stuff and have to restore about every month or so...

Even if I have my blobs from 6.1.2? that sucks... Im the type of guy that is always tweaking and messing with stuff and have to restore about every month or so...

There's no downgrade/re-restore exploit for A5+ devices with the exception of the iPad 2.

Remember... with the release of iOS 6.1.3, DO NOT UPDATE if you wish use the evasi0n Jailbreak.