What's new

Is this a genuine website with legitimate aims?

iTino1985

Reaction score
Hi all, I've just come across this website: U7X iOS 7.x Jailbreak - 'official' website of u7x, for which the domain was purchased on the 07th of August 2013, here is their whois information (Whois u7xjailbreak.com). I feel this website sounds too good to be true, although they do claim that: "Since U7X is similar to the previous jailbreak exploit, iOS 6.1.3 support is still experimental".

I am frantically awaiting for the latest information about an Untethered Jailbreak for my iPhone 4 6.1.3 GSM UK. I since learned yesterday after finding this snippet of information on a comments board has answered my query and has taught me to be patient:

'Charlie says:
August 14, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Omg Mark do your reasearch! Yes there will be but if they use the exploits in 6.1.3 before iOS 7 is released apple will find them in iOS 7 and patch them before it is released to the public, so they wait so they can use the same Jailbreak for both lots less work…'

This seems to me to be the best form of action for anyone out there who may be facing similar problems such as myself who aren't in favour of a tethered or semi-untethered Jailbreak. I just wish I had the shsh blobs from the 5.1.1 firmware update for my iPhone 4, but having bought it second hand recently, the latest update had already been installed!

I expect the release date for the iOS 7 untethered Jailbreak to be around October 2013, does that seem about right?

Many thanks.

iTino1985.

Generally sites like those are common scams and misconceptions. The less elaborate the site name, generally the more reliable it is. A similar case would be UnthreadedJB which has plagued the net for the past month or so

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk

I believe that this is a scam site designed to steal your money based on the promise of a jailbreak that doesn't exist . October is much too early to expect an iOS 7 jailbreak. I wouldn't be surprised if a jailbreak wasn't released until January or February of next year. The iOS 6 jailbreak took 5 months.

It is bogus. The misspellings are on very simple words. Just about everything is copy/paste from other websites and their "Privacy Ploicy" (it's policy) page is basically what they are really up to. Get your information so they can sell it.