What's new

Profiles? Like BB Had

krissibex

Reaction score
Hey guys .. just ordered my Vz iP4 .. well at 3am this morning actually but I've seen that the iP doesnt have the profiles thing that the BB has. The iPhone has tons for which I am willing to leave the blackberry for but this was something I will absolutely miss.

I’m talking about the profiles that with the flick of your finger you can set the current ringtones on the phone to "work" which you customize to all be vibrate and no sound or “bed time” which you customize to only have the phone ring loud and SMS but all other emails and things silent.

I don’t want to jailbreak my iphone before I get a better handle on it but I was just hoping there was an app that had something like this that isnt a jailbreak.

I went from the BB Bold a few years ago to the iPhone and had the same issue. You can easily mute the ringer or adjust ringer volume with buttons on the side which will make you quickly forget about the BB profile feature.

There is but you would need to be jailbroken. Your going to soon realize that to get the most out of the phone and the best apps/tweaks your gonna need to JB

so this Missing feature may be the reason I go back to my BB, I like being able to turn off all the alerts at night, and Just receive Phone calls and I set it do that I still also received text from my kids. I do not want to turn it down, I would either be annoyed all night from recieving emails or possibly miss an emergency call or text! I have 4 teenagers and this was an important feature that I used daily! How is it not possible that an Iphone can not do this or that there is no App for that!!

I am really not wanting to jailbreak my phone just because of all the bad things that come with that BUT sounds like thats the only way. Its not as bad as i thought not having the profiles, i'm used to it now. But thanks everyone!

I am really not wanting to jailbreak my phone just because of all the bad things that come with that BUT sounds like thats the only way. Its not as bad as i thought not having the profiles, i'm used to it now. But thanks everyone!

can you say what you heard to make you think or say this, there is only good that comes from jailbreaking, sure some tweaks can be bad for the phone but the jailbreak itself is amazing gives you freedom, just read reviews before installing some tweaks if your unsure

so this Missing feature may be the reason I go back to my BB, I like being able to turn off all the alerts at night, and Just receive Phone calls and I set it do that I still also received text from my kids. I do not want to turn it down, I would either be annoyed all night from recieving emails or possibly miss an emergency call or text! I have 4 teenagers and this was an important feature that I used daily! How is it not possible that an Iphone can not do this or that there is no App for that!!

When you sleep, you can always set the email so that you only get email notifications when you actually open the email app. I don't really think it's worth switching back to bb from an iPhone just because of profiles

If all you want is phone call and text alerts turn of wifi and mobile data and that's all you'll get...

can you say what you heard to make you think or say this, there is only good that comes from jailbreaking, sure some tweaks can be bad for the phone but the jailbreak itself is amazing gives you freedom, just read reviews before installing some tweaks if your unsure

Oh just what I've read on here about it voiding your warrenty and it slowing the phone down significantly and it wearing the iphone out twice as fast. Just makes me a tad nervous. My friend has an AT&T iphone and is just itching to help me JB mine and I'm just hmm about it. But I may change my mind. I know there are a lot of really cool things you can do with a JB phone so we'll see.

Oh just what I've read on here about it voiding your warrenty and it slowing the phone down significantly and it wearing the iphone out twice as fast. Just makes me a tad nervous. My friend has an AT&T iphone and is just itching to help me JB mine and I'm just hmm about it. But I may change my mind. I know there are a lot of really cool things you can do with a JB phone so we'll see.

ya there are many very cool things you can do after jailbreaking, all jailbreaks can be reversed with itunes restoring the phone as a new phone, and yes there are tweaks and things that can wear down the battery and such just be sure you dont go crazy downloading at the same time because it makes it harder to back track to what might be causing issues if the do arise, most of the everyday tweaks you hear everyone talk about are safe, its your call but enjoy the iphone either way

Yeah if you think the phone will "die" and cease to function because of a jailbreak unfortunately you have been misinformed, like said above a jailbreak can be completely reverted if the phone needs to be serviced by apple for any reason.

Their are some apps on the cydia store that will drain your battery pretty quick, but to be honest i just got an iphone 4 and jailbroke ASAP, i only have 4 gigs left and only about 3 gigs of the 10 used is media, the rest is tweaks to the phone and the battery life is so awesome i almost cant stand it, jailbreaking allows you to customize the phone to exactly how you want it.

EDIT: and slowing down your phone? no way... if anything you can make your phone appear faster by installing more tweaks!

ya there are many very cool things you can do after jailbreaking, all jailbreaks can be reversed with itunes restoring the phone as a new phone, and yes there are tweaks and things that can wear down the battery and such just be sure you dont go crazy downloading at the same time because it makes it harder to back track to what might be causing issues if the do arise, most of the everyday tweaks you hear everyone talk about are safe, its your call but enjoy the iphone either way

Thanks for the tips. I assume I will eventually jailbreak it, its good to hear about the pros and the cons about it. We'll see. thanks again :)

I went from the BB Bold a few years ago to the iPhone and had the same issue. You can easily mute the ringer or adjust ringer volume with buttons on the side which will make you quickly forget about the BB profile feature.

Just JB any get MyProfiles app from the xSallize source. You can create any kind of profile you want. I too had the same issue coming from a BB. It works great.

Just JB any get MyProfiles app from the xSallize source. You can create any kind of profile you want. I too had the same issue coming from a BB. It works great.

I did jailbreak about 2 weeks ago LOL its awesome .. I cant believe I was not wanting to before. this is the best!

Just search for MyProfiles app and you can set your profiles like BB had, phone only, loud etc. You can custom create profiles better than BB had.