What's new

Profiles? Like BB Had

Can I set a custome profile to ring loud while all other alerts, text and email silent, also need to have phone ring loud and everything else vibrate and finally have ring, text and email vibrate different ways

Can I set a custome profile to ring loud while all other alerts, text and email silent, also need to have phone ring loud and everything else vibrate and finally have ring, text and email vibrate different ways

Yes you can set it up anyway you want.Iset mine like BB had, Normal, Loud, Phone only, Etc.. (just create custom profiles)
Another great app Is ischeduler which let you set a time to schedule different rings. i use it to set my phone on vibrate onle when I am in church. both apps work great.

Ok i installed the paid version of My Profiles. When I try to set my email and text message profile to Vibrate it doesnt offer that choice. I have my phone to ring loud on phone calls and then when I get a text message I want the rington offered of "message received" and when I get an email I want the phone to vibrate?
I also want to have a profile - called sleep - i want the phone to ring and everything elxe silent with no vibrate
I also want one called Work - Cals vibrate abd text and emails vibrate

What am I doing wrong

Ok i installed the paid version of My Profiles. When I try to set my email and text message profile to Vibrate it doesnt offer that choice. I have my phone to ring loud on phone calls and then when I get a text message I want the rington offered of "message received" and when I get an email I want the phone to vibrate?
I also want to have a profile - called sleep - i want the phone to ring and everything elxe silent with no vibrate
I also want one called Work - Cals vibrate abd text and emails vibrate

What am I doing wrong

When You open the app, go to profiles, second button from left on the bottom. Go to create profile, give it a name and scroll down. All the options are there. For the vibrate only part Get iScheduler and set up a time schedule on/off for silent service repeat as ness.

Thank you for your post. My problem is I do not need to have the phone do these things on a schedule. I would switch from sleep, loud etc profiles manually. I do not see anywhere in the My Profile App which allows me to set the phone to Ring loud on a phone call, and let me have the text and emails notifications to vibrate. Any ideas out there? I have tried to contact support for the app via email and phone with no luck....

Thank you for your post. My problem is I do not need to have the phone do these things on a schedule. I would switch from sleep, loud etc profiles manually. I do not see anywhere in the My Profile App which allows me to set the phone to Ring loud on a phone call, and let me have the text and emails notifications to vibrate. Any ideas out there? I have tried to contact support for the app via email and phone with no luck....

Try this
edit or create a profile scroll down to system sounds, select silent for both sms and email make sure in the iphone sounds settings that vibrate is on.
you can also set a custom vibrate pattern.
have you read the user manual? it might be helpful as well.
http://intelliborn.com/MyProfilesDoc1_1.pdf

I just played around with it til it did what I wanted it to kind of a pita but apple that doesnt want to fix this. maybe some day they will.

I am still thinking of buying an iphone. I still cannot find an app that will provide sound profiles similiar to the Blackberry. The My Profiles app looks interesting but still seems to be missing some sound adjustments. I am also leary of spending alot of money on a phone and then have to unlock it. And now with IOs 5 coming how will that affect the jailbreaking of the phone. Any other apps out there that will do what I need?

There are many profile apps in cydia which even if they don't work exactly like on bb, they come closer.

Sharbear said:
so this Missing feature may be the reason I go back to my BB, I like being able to turn off all the alerts at night, and Just receive Phone calls and I set it do that I still also received text from my kids. I do not want to turn it down, I would either be annoyed all night from recieving emails or possibly miss an emergency call or text! I have 4 teenagers and this was an important feature that I used daily! How is it not possible that an Iphone can not do this or that there is no App for that!!

This is my issue too... 2 daughters and a cancer patient father. I don't want to hear email alerts all night (4 email addresses come to phone).. But I want the override ! I am too new to this to determine whether jailbreaking is for me or not. It surprises me that this isn't already a standard app/fix

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net. Recovering crackberry user - be gentle! ;>

This is my issue too... 2 daughters and a cancer patient father. I don't want to hear email alerts all night (4 email addresses come to phone).. But I want the override ! I am too new to this to determine whether jailbreaking is for me or not. It surprises me that this isn't already a standard app/fix

Yep, unfortunately there is no such an application in the app store at present and apple also haven't decide to add such feature in the iOS. Maybe the next coming iOS 5 will come up with a profile center or manager, who knows? Let's hope so for now.

Yea let's hope! Thanks for taking the time to respond!

There are tons of BB fence sitters like myself who would switch to an iphone or android in a heartbeat if they came up with sound profiles without jailbreaking the phone.

I'm waiting for customizable profiles and LED indicater and I'll be ditching my BlackBerry instantly. I've gone over to the 3GS, and the iphone4 but i go back to Blackberry shortly after because I badly miss these 2 simple features. I've been a BB addict for years, and i love my Bold 9900 but if Apple matches these silly features that keep me on the dark side, I'd love to enjoy them along with all the other great iphone features.