What's new

question on how to do something.....

dlwhtrose

Reaction score
Okay I am totally new to this apple stuff and I am almost certain there "is an app" for that but for the life of me I cannot find it...... so .....

**Just for a little background so you know where I am coming from*** I had a blackberry and had "profiles" set up so that I never had to mess with the volume or sound levels, the phone just did them. I then went to Android phones and there were apps that did the same thing. My fav was one called Timerrific which allowed me to set up profiles that controlled the ringer, notification sounds, etc and they were set according to time of day. So when I was at work any notifications or texts were on vibrate and my ringer was really low. Then when I got off work the sounds would all become loud so that I could hear them. Then at bed time my ringer stayed loud but all other notifications and texts were silent.

I am really tired of having to manually adjust the volume so is there an app for that??? and if so what is it called. Now I am not jailbroke so I need it to work with stock.

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can give me.

dlwhtrose said:
Okay I am totally new to this apple stuff and I am almost certain there "is an app" for that but for the life of me I cannot find it...... so .....

**Just for a little background so you know where I am coming from*** I had a blackberry and had "profiles" set up so that I never had to mess with the volume or sound levels, the phone just did them. I then went to Android phones and there were apps that did the same thing. My fav was one called Timerrific which allowed me to set up profiles that controlled the ringer, notification sounds, etc and they were set according to time of day. So when I was at work any notifications or texts were on vibrate and my ringer was really low. Then when I got off work the sounds would all become loud so that I could hear them. Then at bed time my ringer stayed loud but all other notifications and texts were silent.

I am really tired of having to manually adjust the volume so is there an app for that??? and if so what is it called. Now I am not jailbroke so I need it to work with stock.

Thanks for any help or suggestions anyone can give me.

Set "auto-profiles" automatically at a certain time requires you jailbreak your device. ;)

Has the new updated OS been jailbroke yet?? I didn't think it had. Besides I am taking a break from rooting/jailbreaking.....LOL It seems that was all I was doing on my android devices.

dlwhtrose said:
Has the new updated OS been jailbroke yet?? I didn't think it had. Besides I am taking a break from rooting/jailbreaking.....LOL It seems that was all I was doing on my android devices.

The jailbreak for 5.1 is not out for a 4S yet,..... There is a tethered jailbreak for iOS5.1 on iPhone 4 tho. Tethered jailbreaks are always more stable for some reason.lol. Just a hassle at certain times.

Yup so I am still waiting then as I have the 4s and the 5.1. Well in a way that is good cuz it will give me time to learn all that I need about this before hacking into it. In the meantime..... still looking for an app that will control my sounds/volume.

dlwhtrose said:
Yup so I am still waiting then as I have the 4s and the 5.1. Well in a way that is good cuz it will give me time to learn all that I need about this before hacking into it. In the meantime..... still looking for an app that will control my sounds/volume.

Well.....almost anything that provides such integrated functionality cannot be downloaded from the AppStore. AppStore apps are not allowed to modify Apple's code. Which is what makes iOS more stable then Android.

Even jailbreak tweaks are supposedly much more stable then your typical Android app...but I don't know about that....I had an Android once, and I only had to borrow it for month. It was my mothers.lol. Needless to say......I think I'll always stick with the iPhone.

Yeah it looks like if I want an app to do this I will have to be jailbroke. I am very familiar with rooting android devices as I have rooted 7 different devices myself. The problem I was having is once you root you are stuck constantly updating and reflashing a rom just to keep the phone fresh and running smooth. It became too much work for me. I guess that is why I am a bit hesitant to jailbreak this as I do not want to get back into the constant rut of having to update and reflash things.

Yeah it looks like if I want an app to do this I will have to be jailbroke. I am very familiar with rooting android devices as I have rooted 7 different devices myself. The problem I was having is once you root you are stuck constantly updating and reflashing a rom just to keep the phone fresh and running smooth. It became too much work for me. I guess that is why I am a bit hesitant to jailbreak this as I do not want to get back into the constant rut of having to update and reflash things.

Wow....really? That's sound like a hassle.

Jailbreaking is nothing like that. Once your jailbroke....you done. All ya have to do is not update your iOS.

And from time to time you'll have to update a tweak you may have installed from Cydia, but all that is, is tapping an "Upgrade" button....restart the springboard, and your done.

Rooting and Android does sound like you too much work.lol.

But because of all that rooting, jailbreaking might come as a breeze to you.

I have a feeling it will. And somehow I know me and I will not be able to stay stock for long....LOL So yeah once they have the procedure out for the 5.1 on the 4s, I guess I may take the jump especially if its as easy and maintenance free as you say.

dlwhtrose said:
I have a feeling it will. And somehow I know me and I will not be able to stay stock for long....LOL So yeah once they have the procedure out for the 5.1 on the 4s, I guess I may take the jump especially if its as easy and maintenance free as you say.

Yeah man it really is. Jailbreaking is more about what you should "not" do rather then should do.

Except for saving SHSH blobs. This should always be done. ( if ya need more info on SHSH, just ask or google it.lol).

Just always make sure you check compatibility with whatever device and iOS you have when you find a tweak you may want to install. And if your on a CDMA network....no tweak will allow you to switch between 3G and 2G. These functions were designed for GSM iPhones only.

However a tweak called IntelliScreenX is the only tweak that allows a CDMA iPhone to switch freely between the 2 networks. Thought I'd let ya know that just in case.lol

And always use Tiny Umbrella to save your SHSH blobs. This very important for jailbreakers. Go download Tiny Umbrella now, open the .exe and click save SHSH.....that's it....no more worrying about SHSH blobs. (tho the iPhones 4S has no use or them yet,.,...but mark my words.....that will definitely change).

Last edited: