What's new

Looking for 'profiles' similar to BB

pvanosta

Reaction score
This is my first Iphone (4S 16GB, AT&T) after 5 years of Blackberries.

I am familiar with IOS thanks to my Ipad 1 and Ipad 2.

The one thing I liked about the BB, was the ability to configure (and more importantly: easily access in order to switch over) sound profiles.

I'd have a 'medium' profile during the day, which would tell the BB what sounds / vibrations to make depending on the type of incoming data (meeting, email, phone call, IM, SMS).
I'd have a 'phone calls only' for after hours, which would only use the ring tone for incoming phone calls and all other incoming messages would be silent.
I'd have a 'silent' profile for the night time, which did exactly what its name implies: total silence.

I find myself struggling to achieve the same functionality in the Iphone. I either have to go into settings/notifications or settings/sounds and access each type of incoming message separately.

Turning down the volume is not 100% solution, as it is not totally quiet.

Any ideas / suggestions / App I can use for that?

jbblau

Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer to this!? I'm dying for profiles too! I don't want to hear emails and texts, but if there is an emergency in the middle of the night, I want my phone to ring.

bab2010

Reaction score
there is profile in cydia which works almost like what you are looking for. You will have to jailbreak your device first though.

jschlis

Reaction score
I use both a BB bold 9650 and the iphone. One of the reasons I keep using the BB is because of the profiles that I have set up. I have my iphone jb'ed and tried myprofiles.It is very cumbersome and nothing like the bb profiles.

lennie paz

Reaction score
I used myprofiles before upgrading to iOS5 and I really liked it. Unfortunately, it's not working on iOS5 for me on my iPhone4.

njshoremom4gurlz

Reaction score
One cool BB features iPhone does not have another i miss is my music into ring tones.
Or songs for different people.
I don't mind don't miss it and you can turn notifications OFF for things so you don't get noises.
Good luck and I know ring it still vibrates I believe I leave phone on other room cause I'm hard of hearing anyways and don't want my dh waking up;)

nikstar

Reaction score
One cool BB features iPhone does not have another i miss is my music into ring tones.
Or songs for different people.
I don't mind don't miss it and you can turn notifications OFF for things so you don't get noises.
Good luck and I know ring it still vibrates I believe I leave phone on other room cause I'm hard of hearing anyways and don't want my dh waking up;)

There are ringtone apps that allow you to make a 30 sec ringtone of your songs. Also, go into a contacts profile then click on 'edit' (top right) scroll down and you will see a 'ringtone' option. That allow's you to nominate a different ringtone just for that person.

Most reactions

Latest posts