What's new

Incoming Calls on iPhone also alarm/ring on iPad -- how to stop

retexan599

Reaction score
When I get an incoming call on my iPhone 8, the phone ringtone sounds, and at the same time my iPad 4 also plays a sound. So, a phone call rings/sounds on both devices. I would like to have incoming phone calls only ring on the iPhone. But can't figure out how to stop the iPad from sounding at the same time. Would appreciate advice on how to do this. Thanks.

Thanks, I did this from the reference you provided:
  • On iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn off Calls from iPhone.
That solved my problem. I realize there may some other aspect of that which might make me revisit it at a later date, but for now, the iPhone rings for the calls and the iPad does not. Which was driving me crazy. o_O

This is my first iPhone after years of Android, and am still learning.

• On iPad or iPod touch, go to Settings > FaceTime, then turn off Calls from iPhone.
That solved my problem. I realize there may some other aspect of that which might make me revisit it at a later date, but for now, the iPhone rings for the calls and the iPad does not. Which was driving me crazy. o_O

I’m glad I could help. Don’t hesitate to come back if you have any more questions.

Comes in handy if you are on the iPad, with headphones on, and you get a call. You can just answer it on your iPad without missing a beat. You don't have to be using headphones, but they work so well.