What's new

Looking for 'profiles' similar to BB

pvanosta

Reaction score
This is my first Iphone (4S 16GB, AT&T) after 5 years of Blackberries.

I am familiar with IOS thanks to my Ipad 1 and Ipad 2.

The one thing I liked about the BB, was the ability to configure (and more importantly: easily access in order to switch over) sound profiles.

I'd have a 'medium' profile during the day, which would tell the BB what sounds / vibrations to make depending on the type of incoming data (meeting, email, phone call, IM, SMS).
I'd have a 'phone calls only' for after hours, which would only use the ring tone for incoming phone calls and all other incoming messages would be silent.
I'd have a 'silent' profile for the night time, which did exactly what its name implies: total silence.

I find myself struggling to achieve the same functionality in the Iphone. I either have to go into settings/notifications or settings/sounds and access each type of incoming message separately.

Turning down the volume is not 100% solution, as it is not totally quiet.

Any ideas / suggestions / App I can use for that?

Did you ever get an answer to this!? I'm dying for profiles too! I don't want to hear emails and texts, but if there is an emergency in the middle of the night, I want my phone to ring.

there is profile in cydia which works almost like what you are looking for. You will have to jailbreak your device first though.

I use both a BB bold 9650 and the iphone. One of the reasons I keep using the BB is because of the profiles that I have set up. I have my iphone jb'ed and tried myprofiles.It is very cumbersome and nothing like the bb profiles.

I used myprofiles before upgrading to iOS5 and I really liked it. Unfortunately, it's not working on iOS5 for me on my iPhone4.

One cool BB features iPhone does not have another i miss is my music into ring tones.
Or songs for different people.
I don't mind don't miss it and you can turn notifications OFF for things so you don't get noises.
Good luck and I know ring it still vibrates I believe I leave phone on other room cause I'm hard of hearing anyways and don't want my dh waking up;)

One cool BB features iPhone does not have another i miss is my music into ring tones.
Or songs for different people.
I don't mind don't miss it and you can turn notifications OFF for things so you don't get noises.
Good luck and I know ring it still vibrates I believe I leave phone on other room cause I'm hard of hearing anyways and don't want my dh waking up;)

There are ringtone apps that allow you to make a 30 sec ringtone of your songs. Also, go into a contacts profile then click on 'edit' (top right) scroll down and you will see a 'ringtone' option. That allow's you to nominate a different ringtone just for that person.