What's new

Problem with limer1an

Bromhead

Reaction score
I am new to this. but after reading myself have learned quite alot.
i have been looking currently at changing message alert tones etc..

now i have done all with file converting etc.. no worries there
but it would seem that when i try to browse the phones folders using say "iphone explorer" it questions if it is jailbroken? does this mean that the limer1an jailbreak isnt seen as a jailbreak by these programs?

anyone know anything about this?

Cheers
Bromhead

I JB ip4 via limera1n and everything works great except, the server can't access email accounts. Anyone else have similar problems?

My3g is not working, this is lame, i should have stayed with jailbreakme, i cant download certain apps for cydia, all the ones i like the most of course, and my removebackround sbsetting crashes the phone everything

My3g is not working, this is lame, i should have stayed with jailbreakme, i cant download certain apps for cydia, all the ones i like the most of course, and my removebackround sbsetting crashes the phone everything

You guys must all be fairly new to this scene.....

Whenever a new JB is released a lot of Cydia apps dont work as they need to be updated for the new firmware..... as the developers need the Jailbreak to be able to test the apps work....

Just wait... everything will be patched soon enough...

As for My3G - they state on the package page in Cydia that it is not compatible with 4.1 yet... in a big yellow box....

but it would seem that when i try to browse the phones folders using say "iphone explorer" it questions if it is jailbroken? does this mean that the limer1an jailbreak isnt seen as a jailbreak by these programs?

Cheers
Bromhead

Try and use WinSCP and make sure you have openSSH installed on your device, thats how I change mine. Created a thread called UI Sounds anyone, check it out

Cheers
Bromhead

Try and use WinSCP and make sure you have openSSH installed on your device, thats how I change mine. Created a thread called UI Sounds anyone, check it out

Works a treat! thanks mate perfect! i now have the custom message tone i want :) thanks so much!

No worries mate, just make sure to change the root password at some point if you haven't done so already

No worries mate, just make sure to change the root password at some point if you haven't done so already

Huh? haha how do i do that? enlighten me please? sorry new to this :)

go easy on me! haha

Huh? haha how do i do that? enlighten me please? sorry new to this :)

go easy on me! haha

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4eLmssKNm3A[/ame]

This is how to change the root password on your iDevice. Please follow the steps in the video and on here.

Adding the repo to get mobile terminal http://apt.macosmovil.com then install mobileterminal for iOS4. Once this has been completed re spring your iDevice.
To change the root password follow this:

1. Open mobile terminal
2. Enter "su root" then hit return
3. Enter "alpine" (This is the default password) then hit return
3. Enter "passwd" then hit return
4. Enter YOUR NEW PASSWORD then hit return
5. Enter YOUR NEW PASSWORD AGAIN then hit return
this will now take you back to the root directory
6. Enter "passwd mobile" then hit enter
7. Enter YOUR NEW PASSWORD then hit enter
8. Enter YOUR NEW PASSWORD AGAIN then hit enter
Now your done. Close mobile terminal

hope this helps

Last edited:

You guys must all be fairly new to this scene.....

Whenever a new JB is released a lot of Cydia apps dont work as they need to be updated for the new firmware..... as the developers need the Jailbreak to be able to test the apps work....

Just wait... everything will be patched soon enough...

As for My3G - they state on the package page in Cydia that it is not compatible with 4.1 yet... in a big yellow box....

thats the annoying part of jb, you have to wait for apps to get ported and some times your fav apps dont get ported and your stuck with out it and its annoying waiting for it and hoping it gets ported, luckily some always are like winterboard ssh..etc the main ones that every one wants