What's new

Problem with FaceTime and iMessage

RibcaOnsu

Reaction score
Help me!! I can't activate my iMessage and FaceTime on my iPhone 4,,
Please Help me,,

There are always 'waiting for activation' and then 'activation unsuccessful',, can you help me??

Hope you have your problem resolved. My daughter has the same problem with her phone and has not been able to get it going again with IMsg or FT. We have tried all sorts of suggestions and no luck. I am beginning to wonder of maybe there is a problem in the software. Hers quit just after ITunes did an upgrade. It was not the IOS5 but the one right after that. She keeps saying she will call Apple Suppt but never finds the time.
Sorry this is of no help.
Russ

1st hard reset your iPhone and try to activate those functions again, if no joy then remove your card sim and insert it back while the phone is turned on, if no joy then take it to Apple store.

Finally have the problem resolved. She did a restore. We went to the Mall today and while my wife was shopping I went in to the Apple
Store. I spoke with a young lady who seemed very knowledgeable and explained the problem. She said re-seating the sim card would do nothing and that the best bet is a restore. She said there were some issues with the software update and that your problem was software related. She said something about IOS 5 Versions 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 (?) having issues.
She did the restore and the phone is now operating correctly.

Finally have the problem resolved. She did a restore. We went to the Mall today and while my wife was shopping I went in to the Apple
Store. I spoke with a young lady who seemed very knowledgeable and explained the problem. She said re-seating the sim card would do nothing and that the best bet is a restore. She said there were some issues with the software update and that your problem was software related. She said something about IOS 5 Versions 5.0.1 & 5.0.2 (?) having issues.
She did the restore and the phone is now operating correctly.
great and thanks for the feed back.

Hi.

any ideas on how to turn on the imessage? or the imessage only availabe when the internet connection is strong? I think I am having the same problem. I couldnt make my sms to imessage eventhought ive the updated version which is 5.1.1

Hi.

any ideas on how to turn on the imessage? or the imessage only availabe when the internet connection is strong? I think I am having the same problem. I couldnt make my sms to imessage eventhought ive the updated version which is 5.1.1
If your iMessage is enable, but your contact does not have iMessage or his/her iMessage is turned off, then you will not be able to iMessage with that contact. iMessage operate only when both contacts are up running iMessage. iMessage doesn't require a strong internet connection, you either have internet connection or you don't, if you have internet connection then iMessage will work, iMessage messages with pictures might take long to deliver to your contact tho if your internet connection is weak, but iMessage is running anyway.

One suggestion I found was to delete all Keychain entries for FaceTime. Since it didn't seem to match the error message about Network connection, I dismissed it for the time being.

When all other suggestions, resetting router etc, failed, I went the Keychain entry deletion way and it worked for me.

In Keychain, I entered Facetime into the search field. I deleted all the entries that appeared. Started up FaceTime and manually logged in. There was a short sequence of operations to get the account set up again. Next time I started Facetime it was all automatic and working fine. I don't know what happened to cause this issue, but it has been so long since I last tried to use FaceTime that any number of things could be in play.