What's new

Imessage cant recognize the contact

honestmuggle

Reaction score
Hey friends,

I hv iphone 4, ios 5.0.1

I have this bug where I can't send an iMessage to an iMessage enabled contact.
When i goto new text, choose contact (my friend name) it show green bar with normal text messaging system not imessage.
However, the recipient of my text message can reply as an iMessage and only when I receive his iMessage I am able to reply as an iMessage.
Means to make conversation via imessage i have to send normal message to my friend, he send me iMessage then i can reply.

I hope you understood my problem.

Summery

My iMessage is activated.
People can detect my account (number & apple ID) are available for iMessage.
I can received iMessage and can reply it.
But my phone cannot detect anyone on my contact list which available for iMessage.
I cannot choose and find email of my contacts while composing new message. It just showed the number and detect as text message.
My phone always detect the iMessage after I send a text message first and got a reply of it.

I have tried few things but it didn't worked !

Restoring to factory setting without any backup.
Using Wifi.
Pull out the simcard (wifi only).
None of them are working.

Please help !

Toggle imessage on and off. That usually fixes it for me.

-Sent from my iPhone 4s on Verizon

I think the phones like that feom default. My phone shows regular sms until someone texts back i guess sp it verifies they have imessage? Im not 100% sure on that.

Toggle imessage on and off. That usually fixes it for me.

Thank you for your reply, i have already done this things but no change :(

sending imessage is not a problem, i am sucessfully having conversation with my friends who have ios5
but the thing is i have to find old chat history then countinue or else normal text to my friend to say "send me a imessage" and then only i can reply..

why cant i start my own imessage conversation by going new text message -> contact -> choose friend name /????

sorry for my poor english :(

i know when i tried to iMessage someone using their email address i couldn't message them because they had only entered their mobile phone number in settings,maybe thats your problem too,just a thought........you can register two addresses in settings.

Will anyone share his number with me? If you're setting is ok then it should work fine.
I need it just for test and nothing

Poisonivy said:
i don't mind,i will inbox it to you.

Dude you solve my problem this is not my iphone issue, its depend on the receiver whom i iMessage has their email address and mobile number registered in his settings then it will work.

Thank you poisonivy ☺

Dude you solve my problem this is not my iphone issue, its depend on the receiver whom i iMessage has their email address and mobile number registered in his settings then it will work.

Thank you poisonivy ☺
youre very welcome,so i glad i could help.