What's new

Problem with APP - It shows it has been downloaded in Settings but it does not display on the home page

DallasFan

Reaction score
I use my laptop, as well as my iPhone, to access my account with Gate.io; a cryptocurrency exchange.
I never had a problem with either site until a few days ago, and I was not able to access my Gate account with my iPhone SE2.

I closed the App and re-opened it several times, but whenever I opened the App, I could not find anything related to my account.

I decided to delete the App and reload it. I got too anxious, and I hit the initial window that said 'delete app' instead of waiting a bit longer for the apps to 'wiggle', and X out.

I don't have the App on my home page with my other Apps, but I have it in Settings.
I tried to tap the link in Settings to restore it to my home screen, as well as swipe it left and right, but nothing happens, it remains in Settings.

I went to the App Store and tried to reload it, but the App says 'open', implying that it has been downloaded. If I hit the open tab, I can reach the website but not my account.

I am stuck. I went to YouTube to search for a solution, and nothing worked. I asked a couple of friends at work, and they didn't know either.

I want to be able to reload the Gate APP on my Iphone. But nothing is working.

I want to be able to see it on my home screen with the multitude of other apps, but it won't restore.
I went to the GAte website and tried to download it from their site and it won't load, it stays on settings.

I emailed Gate and they told me to check my location and time settings............lol..........I must have reached the new person.

Any suggestions?
Do you have any suggestions for me?

Do you use folders? If so, did you check them all?
Have you used Search on your homescreen?

Swipe down from the middle of the Home screen.
Tap the Search field, then enter the app name.
It should show you the folder it's in.

Did you check the app library?

I’ve had this problem ever since installing iOS 14. If I download a new app, or re-download an old one, it always ends up in the App Library in an unknown location. I have to hunt around until I find it and then move it where I want it to be. Don’t care for that.

I’ve had this problem ever since installing iOS 14. If I download a new app, or re-download an old one, it always ends up in the App Library in an unknown location. I have to hunt around until I find it and then move it where I want it to be. Don’t care for that.
In Settings - Home Screen go to “Newly Downloaded Apps” and make sure “Add to Home Screen” is selected.