What's new

Problems in setting up FindMyiPhone app on my iPhone

Tricon7

Reaction score
I downloaded the FindMyiPhone app onto my iPhone recently; it seemed like a great app to have. I opened it once I downloaded it, and it asked for my Apple username/password. After I entered it, it rejected it saying that I needed to first go to Settings/Mail/MobileMe to take steps to activate my account. Well, first, I don't have MobileMe in that section under Settings, and when I went online to check out MobileMe, it says it's no longer accepting new subscribers. I've been researching this online, and I thought that all I needed to do was to sync FindMyiPhone onto my laptop, turn them on on both devices, and I'd be good to go. But like I said, my iPhone won't let me continue without MobileMe on there.

How do I proceed with making this app work and/or getting my iPhone from giving me this error message?

[Note - I had one handle in here lecture me for my alleged stupidity on this topic; if you're going to flame me for what I don't know, I'll just ignore you].

Last edited:
You can't make it work until Apple fixes the app to work with iCloud.

In the meantime, is there an alternate app that does the same thing?

No clue. I haven't done any research on the subject. Probably because in 19 years of using cell phones I have never come even close to losing one.

Tricon7 said:
I downloaded the FindMyiPhone app onto my iPhone recently; it seemed like a great app to have. I opened it once I downloaded it, and it asked for my Apple username/password. After I entered it, it rejected it saying that I needed to first go to Settings/Mail/MobileMe to take steps to activate my account. Well, first, I don't have MobileMe in that section under Settings, and when I went online to check out MobileMe, it says it's no longer accepting new subscribers. I've been researching this online, and I thought that all I needed to do was to sync FindMyiPhone onto my laptop, turn them on on both devices, and I'd be good to go. But like I said, my iPhone won't let me continue without MobileMe on there.

How do I proceed with making this app work and/or getting my iPhone from giving me this error message?

You should still be able to use find my iphone. Are you following the instructions? Sign into mobile me at the mail, contacts, calendar screen. The same way you added your email account to your phone. Click mobile me, sign in using your apple id. And turn on find my iPhone.

Attachments

• $image-277868301.jpg
    $image-277868301.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 76
  • $image-3068966120.jpg
    $image-3068966120.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 72
  • $image-3703412065.jpg
    $image-3703412065.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 79
  • $image-2392665230.jpg
    $image-2392665230.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Sign into mobile me at the mail, contacts, calendar screen. The same way you added your email account to your phone. Click mobile me, sign in using your apple id. And turn on find my iPhone.

There is no MobileMe in my mail/contacts/calendar screen on my iPhone. I can't download it, either, since this application is no longer accepting new members, according to the website.

I still have Mobile Me listed on my phone when I hit "add an account" under the mail settings....???

I did the same thing and had trouble opening it at first. To be honest, I am not sure what I did to finally make it operational.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/find-my-phone-mobile-me-17313/

I did however, sign up in Mobile Me a few days before they closed it, but it was from my phone and not online.

I still have Mobile Me listed on my phone when I hit "add an account" under the mail settings....???

I did the same thing and had trouble opening it at first. To be honest, I am not sure what I did to finally make it operational.

http://www.iphoneforums.net/forum/iphone-help-15/find-my-phone-mobile-me-17313/

I did however, sign up in Mobile Me a few days before they closed it, but it was from my phone and not online.

Ok, there it is. The part about "add account" was missing in the instructions.

Tricon7 said:
Ok, there it is. The part about "add account" was missing in the instructions.

Ok. Glad you solved the problem. It also said that in the instructions.