What's new

Best app to combine iPhone and home computer

JennieR

Reaction score
I am needing to combine/sync my iPhone 4 to my home computer. What is the best way to do that, with what app? I would like to access my files from my home computer as well as my calendars using my iphone I am currently working on a family project and wouldn't want/need the expense of MobileMe. Any suggestions?

I dont think there is a way to access files on your computer directly from your phone without the use of mobile me. You can either put them on your phone and use an app like USB Disc to view them or do what I do and use team viewer to display and control your computer on your phone form anywhere with 3G.

You can also sync your calendars from outlook and a few other calendar programmes...

im about to use an old laptop to set up an NAS server in my house....i think i will be able to access all my music,pictures and videos on my network from anywhere....well thats what i want it to do

i have no idea what im doing,so it may be a bit before i have it set up right

Maybe not exactly what you are looking for but I use a couple things. Dropbox. Then subsonic with iSub (there are other apps too) with this I can stream media from pc to phone. Also Team Viewer I can access my pcs desktop itself.

I thought that is why there is a USB cord to connect to a computer. Hmm strike one apple if this is true.