What's new

Can't find home videos after syncing to iTunes!

Tricon7

Reaction score
I videoed some movies on my iPhone and then synced it up with my computer - I assume everything downloaded onto my computer, since it said everything was done. Anyway, once the sync was finished, I went to find any home movies/videos on iTunes. I searched under "Library", including Movies, but didn't see anything listed, though I saw my one downloaded-from-the-Internet song under Music. When I clicked Movies, all it showed was "Feature films and home movies you add to iTunes appear in Movies in your iTunes library. To play a movie, just double-click it," and underneath that it had either "Download movies" or "Rent movies" - neither of which is what I'm looking for.

I wanted to possibly burn the video I took with my iPhone to CD, but if I can't find it, I can't watch it, much less burn it. Am I doing something wrong?

When you connect your phone to your computer, open "My Conputer" there you will see your disk drivers like disk C: etc... Also you will be able to see your iPhone icon there. Double click that icon until you see your pictures which are in "camera roll" folder, there is your recorded video amount the pictures

When you connect your phone to your computer, open "My Conputer" there you will see your disk drivers like disk C: etc... Also you will be able to see your iPhone icon there. Double click that icon until you see your pictures which are in "camera roll" folder, there is your recorded video amount the pictures

Worked great. Thanks. I sure would have thought that they would have been found in iTunes. Guess not. The video looks fantastic, and the iPhone doesn't seem to have a problem with the fast motion at all. As long as I don't pan the phone from side to side and keep it fixed on one spot, it does fine. No need for an HD camcorder now!

Worked great. Thanks. I sure would have thought that they would have been found in iTunes. Guess not. The video looks fantastic, and the iPhone doesn't seem to have a problem with the fast motion at all. As long as I don't pan the phone from side to side and keep it fixed on one spot, it does fine. No need for an HD camcorder now!

Yeah iPhone does great videos, but if you shake or turning faster the phone while recording, then the images at those moments in the videos will be fuzzy. I also do record a lot of fast actions videos, and I absolutely love the quality, but I hate the sizes. They are most of the time handred of mega bytes or even giga bytes some times. Too huge to send to someone over internet.

When I connect my phone to my computer and click on my Computer icon, I do not get an iPhone icon. I get a Photostream icon, but the videos I took on the phone do not show up there. I have synced the phone by cable to iTunes, but I cannot find the videos I took on the computer. Any ideas?

When I connect my phone to my computer and click on my Computer icon, I do not get an iPhone icon. I get a Photostream icon, but the videos I took on the phone do not show up there. I have synced the phone by cable to iTunes, but I cannot find the videos I took on the computer. Any ideas?

iTunes does not support the transfer of video content from the camera roll during syncing. I found some info that will help you, from Apple support. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2510302?start=0&tstart=0

Thanks, but I don't have a Mac? I'm still lost on how to get videos off my iPhone 5 and onto my PC.

What format is your home video?you'd better convert them into mp4 or h.264, you should update your iTunes, and drag video into iTunes again.