What's new

Downloaded song won't transfer to computer

Tricon7

Reaction score
I just downloaded a song from iTunes onto my iPhone, then I synced it with my laptop. It shows all my purchased music from my iPhone - except this one song. I've re-synced the phone, but it still doesn't show in Windows Explorer (under my iPhone name). I also don't see the song under Store > Purchased in iTunes, but when my iPhone is synced up I do see it under Devices > [my iPhone name] > Purchased - but that'll disappear as soon as I unplug my phone from my laptop.

I don't understand why I can't find this one song. I tried to copy and past it into Windows Explorer so I can use my burning program to put it onto a CD, but the "Paste" option is grayed out.

Ok - how do I backup purchased songs on my iPhone to my computer? I don't care how it gets over, as long as it gets on my computer. So far, nothing I do is able to transfer this song.

Tricon7 said:
Ok - how do I backup purchased songs on my iPhone to my computer? I don't care how it gets over, as long as it gets on my computer. So far, nothing I do is able to transfer this song.

Right click on the device and choose transfer purchases.

First of all you have to Start iTunes, you can transfer music files and song files or folders to the iTunes window. Then the music files to iTunes library. Then Connect your iPod to your computer. You can then drag and drop from iTunes library to the iPod devices, should be listed on the left of the song.