What's new

I am unable to get movies on to my iPhone

jmt356

Reaction score
I am unable to get movies on to my iPhone.
Here is what I tried doing:
- Plugged in my iPhone
- Launched iTunes
- Tapped the iPhone icon on the top left
- I clicked on Movies under Settings on the left and then ticked Sync movies and then selected the two movies I want on my iPhone (they are .mp4 files)
- I clicked Apply.
- iTunes displayed a warning that if I proceeded, then all of the music, movies, ringtones, etc. on my iPhone would be wiped and replaced with this library. I clicked okay.
- I clicked Sync.
- All of the music, movies, ringtones, etc. on my iPhone were wiped. No movies were placed on my iPhone.
- I selected Music under Settings on the left and re-synchronised my Music library to get my music back on my iPhone.
- I went back to Movies under Settings on the left and tried to re-synchronize the two movies that I had selected. They are still not on my iPhone under Videos.
When I click Movies under On My Device, the area remains blank with no content. When I click Movies under Settings, a series of movies are displayed, two of which are ticked.

There is an easier way. Go to the video icon on your iPhone. Then click on more. Click on Not on this iPhone. Then click on the little cloud to download this to your iPhone.
If you are intending to rent or view a movie on your phone after purchasing it in iTunes, do this by using the ITunes Store app on your iPhone.

iTunes on your PC Is trying to sync your device and that is the problem. Now perhaps you want to purchase and view a movie on your laptop. Use iTunes on your PC. If you later wish to view the movie on your iPhone, do what I described in the first paragraph.

When I tap the Video icon on my iPhone, there is no option for "more." The only text that is displayed is "No Content You can download videos from the iTunes Store Store."

I have MP4 files on my laptop that I want to get on to my iPhone 6. I was able to do this with the iPhone 4 by adding the relevant files to my Movie library and then following the steps outlined in my OP. How do I get this to work for the iPhone 6?

Video>Store (button on upper left). Then you look at the bottom of the screen, right side.
image.png

The issue with getting the movies to my iPhone apparently was that the two movies in question had been moved. After I Located them in iTunes and re-synched, they managed to make their way back to my iPhone.