What's new

FindMyiPhone app problem sending a message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricon7

Reaction score
I guess my FindMyiPhone app got updated, and now I don't see an option to send a message to my other iPhone/iPad. All I see is "Play Sound," "Lost Mode," and "Erase iPhone/iPad." I don't see any other options. Is sending a message no longer possible with this app?

I just finished examining the options in the app's help menu, and it said nothing about sending a message. If this app doesn't allow sending of messages anymore, I'm dumping it for an app that does.

Last edited:
From the iOS 6 User Guide, downloadable from iBooks:

"Lost mode: You can immediately lock your missing iPhone with a passcode and send it a message displaying a contact number. iPhone also tracks and reports its location, so you can see where it’s been when you check the Find My iPhone app."

Sorry. Somehow I missed this post when it was originally done.

You are technically correct that Apple has removed the original feature as it was promoted during iOS 5. They changed the functionality in iOS 6 to go much further. When you use the "Lost Mode" feature, you can now assign a PIN, show a contact phone number and add a text message to the display. This actually makes the feature much more useful. And allows both the www.iCloud.com and Find My Phone app to work exactly the same way.

You are technically correct that Apple has removed the original feature as it was promoted during iOS 5. They changed the functionality in iOS 6 to go much further. When you use the "Lost Mode" feature, you can now assign a PIN, show a contact phone number and add a text message to the display. This actually makes the feature much more useful. And allows both the www.iCloud.com and Find My Phone app to work exactly the same way.

Upon entering "lost mode," I see where I could lock my iphone/ipad, but I don't see an option to send a text message. My other device is an ipad, which my family uses at home quite a bit, so I don't want a lock on it, in case that needs to be enabled to send a text message. Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.