What's new

Automatic download with apps and music not syncing to iPhone 4 using iCloud.

bigjunior45

Reaction score
I have an iPhone 4 and its currently up to date on its software (5.1) and I have iTunes installed onto my PC and its up to date. Now when I go to Settings and then to Store on my iPhone, I have both Music and Apps turned on for the automatic download. In iTunes I went to Edit then to Preferences and clicked on store to make sure that Music and Apps where check and they were so you think it should work....wrong.

Anyways I wanted to mess around with iCloud cause I don't know much about it so I opened up iTunes and logged in. I went to the iTunes store and went to apps. Looked up March Madness which is a free app and downloaded it. After it was done downloading, I looked at my iPhone to watch it magically appear and to start downloading. Waited a few seconds and nothing so I waited some more and still nothing. Its been almost 45 minutes and still nothing.

I get the same thing when I purchase a song in iTunes. I download a song and once its done downloading, I look at my iPhone to watch it magically appear and it doesn't. Wait a few more seconds and still nothing. Close out of Music by hitting the home button twice and deleting the app and then going back into it and the song still isn't there. I then open up iTunes on my phone then I go to the purchase icon then select not on this iPhone and there it is. I see the cloud symbol so I click on it and enter my password. I go to the more section so I can click on download and it says "Waiting" underneath the title of the song that I had just purchased. After a few seconds its not downloading so I wait a few more minutes. Its been 45+ minutes and it still hasn't done anything. Here is the pic of what its doing.
$IMG_1536.jpg

Whats going on here? Do I have a dead iPhone? Am I missing a step or forget to do something?

I forgot to tell you guys that I have iTunes on my PC instead of a Mac if that makes any difference and I do have my phone on Wifi