Pro SIM card question

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by Davidm, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Davidm

Davidm Member

i ordered the pro from apple and the site said I needed to give them my number and cell provider because it wasnt compatible with current sims. Everything I’ve read says it has a nano-sim, same as my iPhone X. What am I missing?

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

The iPhone 11 Pro models have an embedded eSIM as well as a regular nano SIM capability.
    There’s no reason why they would need your phone number and provider unless it’s to have the eSIM pre activated.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Davidm

Davidm Member

That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe they figure your home cell service on it and then it leaves the sim slot free for installing others while on trips. Just guessing.

• Like Like x 3
  4. 933

933 Well-Known Member

I’ve seen 2 lines with different numbers on the same phone that has dual sim capabilities. One can be a home or business number and the other your cell or mobile number. Just watched a vid about this.

5. Davidm

Davidm Member

But only the one sim is removable. The other is installed onto the e-sim. I wonder when I sell that phone how do we get rid of the cell service on the e-sim. Normally I just pull the SIM card and sell it. The SIM card goes into my next phone. Since I needed to give Apple my provider and number I’m guessing it will be on the e-sim.

6. J. A.

J. A. Super Moderator Staff Member

It’s possible to remove the information for the eSIM. Either go to Settings - Cellular/Mobile Data - select the plan you want to erase, remove it.

When you remove everything from your device (erase all content and settings), you can decide to erase the eSIM as well, or keep it.

• Like Like x 3