SIM card failure and no SIM installed errors on iPhone X after recent update?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by sushilover1981, Nov 23, 2019.

1. sushilover1981

sushilover1981 Member

Anyone having this issue? I just recently a couple days ago updated my iPhone X to the newest update 13.2.3 and it worked ok at first but starting since yesterday it gives me these errors while I’m randomly using it. Of course I did the usual hard reset, remove the sim, readjust it/check it then put it back in and turn phone back on and yesterday that worked but it just did it again and when I did those same steps it worked for a short time but the error came back and bars went away. I had to switch over to my backup 7 Plus.

Is this happening to anyone else?? I’m using the same SIM card on the backup phone and its working just fine so far. I have not updated this phone tho and don’t plan to!

2. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried using a different SIM card?
    You could also try backing up your iPhone then restore it and reinstall the latest iOS version.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ro861

ro861 Well-Known Member

I’ve been using an iPhone X, updated, and I don’t have this kind of problem.
    In your case, I think is time to go in an apple service.

• Like Like x 3
  4. scifan57

The Genius Bar in an Apple Store has free diagnostics. If there’s anything wrong with your iPhone they should find it.

• Like Like x 3
  5. sushilover1981

sushilover1981 Member

Thanks for the responses guys!

Unfortunately I am unable to go to an Apple Genius Bar or Apple store because the closest ones to me are all 2+ hours away however I figured out what the issue was after doing some more online research and playing around:

In addition to these suggestions here, I read online that sometimes after an update it can cause a glitch in the carrier settings so it was suggested to go in under general - reset - reset network settings to set everything back to default. I did this and it’s been over 2 days now and *so far* I have kept my service bars the whole time and have not had another error message pop up.

Just wanted to respond here that way if it happens to anyone else and they are searching, they have a chance at hopefully correcting their issue this way as well.

• Like Like x 4
  6. scifan57

I’m glad your problem is fixed and thanks for posting the solution; it may help someone else with the same issue.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1