What's new

SIM card failure and no SIM installed errors on iPhone X after recent update?

Reaction score
Anyone having this issue? I just recently a couple days ago updated my iPhone X to the newest update 13.2.3 and it worked ok at first but starting since yesterday it gives me these errors while I’m randomly using it. Of course I did the usual hard reset, remove the sim, readjust it/check it then put it back in and turn phone back on and yesterday that worked but it just did it again and when I did those same steps it worked for a short time but the error came back and bars went away. I had to switch over to my backup 7 Plus.

Is this happening to anyone else?? I’m using the same SIM card on the backup phone and its working just fine so far. I have not updated this phone tho and don’t plan to!

Thanks for the responses guys!

Unfortunately I am unable to go to an Apple Genius Bar or Apple store because the closest ones to me are all 2+ hours away [emoji30] however I figured out what the issue was after doing some more online research and playing around:

In addition to these suggestions here, I read online that sometimes after an update it can cause a glitch in the carrier settings so it was suggested to go in under general - reset - reset network settings to set everything back to default. I did this and it’s been over 2 days now and *so far* I have kept my service bars the whole time and have not had another error message pop up. [emoji1319][emoji1319]

Just wanted to respond here that way if it happens to anyone else and they are searching, they have a chance at hopefully correcting their issue this way as well. [emoji51]

I’m glad your problem is fixed and thanks for posting the solution; it may help someone else with the same issue.