What's new

Pro SIM card question

Davidm

Reaction score
i ordered the pro from apple and the site said I needed to give them my number and cell provider because it wasnt compatible with current sims. Everything I’ve read says it has a nano-sim, same as my iPhone X. What am I missing?

The iPhone 11 Pro models have an embedded eSIM as well as a regular nano SIM capability.
There’s no reason why they would need your phone number and provider unless it’s to have the eSIM pre activated.

That’s what I’m thinking. Maybe they figure your home cell service on it and then it leaves the sim slot free for installing others while on trips. Just guessing.

I’ve seen 2 lines with different numbers on the same phone that has dual sim capabilities. One can be a home or business number and the other your cell or mobile number. Just watched a vid about this.

But only the one sim is removable. The other is installed onto the e-sim. I wonder when I sell that phone how do we get rid of the cell service on the e-sim. Normally I just pull the SIM card and sell it. The SIM card goes into my next phone. Since I needed to give Apple my provider and number I’m guessing it will be on the e-sim.

It’s possible to remove the information for the eSIM. Either go to Settings - Cellular/Mobile Data - select the plan you want to erase, remove it.

When you remove everything from your device (erase all content and settings), you can decide to erase the eSIM as well, or keep it.