What's new

Possible to downgrade iPhone 4S 5.1 back to 5.0.1?

sw98

Reaction score
I am using an iPhone 4S jailbroken on 5.0.1. I was experiencing some issues with it a couple days ago and had to restore it to factory settings because it was completely locking up. Anyways, iTunes would not let me restore on 5.0.1, it forced me to upgrade to 5.1 and I know there's not a jailbreak yet for A5 devices. I do have my SHSH blobs saved for 5.0.1. Is there any possible way to restore my 4S back to 5.0.1 once it's on 5.1?

I am using an iPhone 4S jailbroken on 5.0.1. I was experiencing some issues with it a couple days ago and had to restore it to factory settings because it was completely locking up. Anyways, iTunes would not let me restore on 5.0.1, it forced me to upgrade to 5.1 and I know there's not a jailbreak yet for A5 devices. I do have my SHSH blobs saved for 5.0.1. Is there any possible way to restore my 4S back to 5.0.1 once it's on 5.1?

Nope, sorry. An iPhone 4S that has been upgraded to iOS 5.1 cannot be downgraded to iOS 5.01 - and it does not matter if you have SHSH blobs saved. They are no good to us at this time.

Sorry.

Marilyn